Truly legendary heroes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truly legendary heroes?

Shapechangers have Renown or resemble charts to represent their feats. But there are some very legendary heroes who have achievements so epic that can’t be measured by mere charts. Destroy very great foes like Talons of Wyrm/Maeljin Incarna/Zmei/Kupala/etc., open a level 6 Caern (it does exist in Revised, see Pangea section of Umbra) and so on. How will they treat them?

Write them in Silver Record? Raise the Rank of heroes to 6 directly? They may put these heroes in “too-often retold” list, just like Sophia and Yuri Tvarivich?

I'm sure they'd go in the Silver Record and get a buttload of renown and fame. In the game system they'd still have to earn renown in the auspice categories and then challenge for Rank 6, but maybe that isn't always the way it's done in practice? I dunno.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
    Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
      I'm sure they'd go in the Silver Record and get a buttload of renown and fame. In the game system they'd still have to earn renown in the auspice categories and then challenge for Rank 6, but maybe that isn't always the way it's done in practice? I dunno.
      Well they describe the Process of becoming Rank 6 in Revised. Basically when you are such an unignorably Heroic Garou eventually the other Rank 6s will notice you, as they kind of form an old boys club of literally the Greatest Heroes alive, and they will come and test you to see if you are fit to join their ranks.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        Well they describe the Process of becoming Rank 6 in Revised. Basically when you are such an unignorably Heroic Garou eventually the other Rank 6s will notice you, as they kind of form an old boys club of literally the Greatest Heroes alive, and they will come and test you to see if you are fit to join their ranks.
        It is preserved in W20. But I think if you have achieved what I said above, then this process is no more than a ceremony

Comment

In Revised they said Rank 6 just requires you have three Renown at 10 permanently

Comment

Working...
          X