Kinfolk: A Breed Apart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinfolk: A Breed Apart

Reading this book rn. I really like it. If you wanna discuss, feel free to post.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

I really like what I read too! But I didn't get to really read it all because I got side tracked reading Mage and Changeling, but it looked really promising in actually expanding the content for Kinfolk. I mean Unsung Heroes still holds up pretty well as a supplement so its good that they managed to make a book that isn't just a rehash. Gah When will I get to it on my reading Queue!

Side Note, Penelope you are much faster at digging through all these World of Darkness Books! Man I used to be so much more focused when I was reading them in Highschool before I got a Smartphone or a Laptop or a friggin job! :P

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Being stuck in lockdown and mostly only able to hang out with friends online tends to motivate me 😊

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

I love the part about romantic subplots. I totally agree, chemistry and adversity are both really important. Which do you guys like better, making Garou/Garou romances forbidden like in WtA or treating them like any other relationship like in WtF 2e?

I also really like the NPC Kinfolk families.

Comment

I am a huge fan of Metis so I go with them being Forbidden, and I like the angle that it was intentional to tie them with the Mortals, wolf and human, so that they wouldn't be too isolationist and just branch off as their own master race. Its also interesting the Mokole reveal that in more peaceful times Fera would share kinfolk, sort of as a method of cementing ties as Mokole acted as mentors for a lot of the World.

Comment

I still stand on the point, that Metis where originally ment as an emergency button if you need asap more Garou for the area short term and there are no wolf kinfolk in the area. But else I really love the additional hedge magic paths and I found the romance chapter one of the best too.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
            First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
            Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Koronus View Post
              I still stand on the point, that Metis where originally ment as an emergency button if you need asap more Garou for the area short term and there are no wolf kinfolk in the area. But else I really love the additional hedge magic paths and I found the romance chapter one of the best too.
              Oh that is an interesting Theory! Hmmm I definitely like the idea of a secret Garou covenant that knows its the times of the Apocalypse so they take it upon themselves to secretly create Metis for this last final generation.

Comment

Working...
              X