X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock113
    started a topic Level 6 Caern?

Level 6 Caern?

AFAIK there is no rule about Level 6 Caern. The only one I know is the Pangea’s Graveyard of the Lost in Umbra Revised (Level 5 in W20 version, though)

If, I say if, such great caern does exist, how should it like? How can you CREATE one like this?

• Rock113
    replied
    Originally posted by Mercurial View Post
    No way, in the modern era. It would have to be a unique plot device that would mark the ending/ birth of an age. If it existed there would have to be a unique story behind it, something along the lines of Gaia giving her chosen a place to make a last stand, the result of an epic quest that saved Gaia and healed the Wyrm, or maybe something that was dormant since the time before the Wyrm went mad, and Gaia preserves within herself for the fated moment that would decide everything.

Alternatively, it could be a Mokole secret that is connected to the Dragon Kings, or the result of some Mage experimenting on a captured or discovered Caern and accidentally improving it in some way that it was not meant to be altered. Maybe empowering a Caern to level 6 is actually a bad thing and it is hurting Gaia by creating some sort of imbalance on her body.

Another possibility is related to Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within, and the Level 6 Caern is actually the last, spiritual remains of an alien Gaia that crashed on to Earth and partially merged with our Gaia.

Lastly, the size and shape could be anything since a Level 6 Caern is breaking all of the rules.
    I always think this Graveyard is just a passing fancy of authority, who wanted to represent how badass is it. To be honest I dislike it

Leave a comment:

• Mercurial
    replied
    No way, in the modern era. It would have to be a unique plot device that would mark the ending/ birth of an age. If it existed there would have to be a unique story behind it, something along the lines of Gaia giving her chosen a place to make a last stand, the result of an epic quest that saved Gaia and healed the Wyrm, or maybe something that was dormant since the time before the Wyrm went mad, and Gaia preserves within herself for the fated moment that would decide everything.

Alternatively, it could be a Mokole secret that is connected to the Dragon Kings, or the result of some Mage experimenting on a captured or discovered Caern and accidentally improving it in some way that it was not meant to be altered. Maybe empowering a Caern to level 6 is actually a bad thing and it is hurting Gaia by creating some sort of imbalance on her body.

Another possibility is related to Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within, and the Level 6 Caern is actually the last, spiritual remains of an alien Gaia that crashed on to Earth and partially merged with our Gaia.

Lastly, the size and shape could be anything since a Level 6 Caern is breaking all of the rules.
    Last edited by Mercurial; 09-05-2020, 12:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X