Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be cool with a large focus on Ronin on 5th edition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this thread is super depressing for anyone who actually likes WtA.....great for those who want to change it into a different game though I guess...

Comment

If people think the "Requiemization debates" were bad... I'm dreading what the "Forsakenization" posts are going to look like if some of these changes happen.

If you want a werewolf game where packs that aren't part of the big groups are viable (and also want to see less Tribes in the core book, and start with human born werewolves...)... that game already exists.

The complexity of Garou politics and history is one of the big reasons to keep playing Apocalypse.

Comment

True. Yet it is what BNS doctored with in their WtA version - and I fear that this will carry over, because it is in part what Martin Ericsson envisioned...

Comment

With the changes in leadership, it's hard to say how much BNS stuff will get into W5.

As well, BNS WtA doesn't really change Ronin. They have more focus on them than the TT books tend to, but the default way the game treats them is that being a Ronin is a shit situation, and most PCs are going to seek out redemption rather than just stay that way.

There are certainly elements of BNS that, if ported to W5, are going to be really controversial, but I don't think any of them have actually come up yet in this thread.

Comment

I never have had the chance to play a WtA game, EVER. So I would be pretty upset if that chance was taken away forever because the game was mutilated to the point of unrecognizeability.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
            Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
              I never have had the chance to play a WtA game, EVER. So I would be pretty upset if that chance was taken away forever because the game was mutilated to the point of unrecognizeability.
              People will still play W20, or even revised, after W5 is published.

I mean, I'm still playing D&D3.5 and Dark Eye 4.1, despite newer games editions having been published....

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post

Well as long as you don't end up traveling back in time you're good. Print on demand. PDFs mean old editions are not going away

Comment

Working...
                X