Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Apecrafts Blessings or Persuasion a better gift for a Kinfolk Maid or homemaker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Apecrafts Blessings or Persuasion a better gift for a Kinfolk Maid or homemaker?

Persuasion can help you entertain guests instruct children resolve disputes Give a lecture make sure your listened to

Apecrafts blessings helps enhance cooking and cleaning.

Drive a car through busy traffic

Which is better for a kinfolk Whos a maid (Likely to a garou family) Or homemaker

then again both gifts would probaly apeal to a police officer too...

Persuasion is, generally speaking the better Gift, but it depends a lot on the ST and how far they let its rather ill-defined increased effectiveness of social rolls go.

Apecraft's Blessing can get you a better bonus, but it's for one roll per use, and lots of uses aren't going to need it. Other characters have traits to resist social rolls, fixing a tire isn't going to be difficult outside of high-stress situations. The car isn't rolling back at you after all.

If Merits are in play, Ability Aptitude style Merits are easier on this concept since you can get a -2 to Crafts rolls in one go, leaving Persuasion to cover the many different social Abilities rather than trying to take a Merit for each (though there are some good social Merits too).

Comment

What would a good craft ability be since cooking is a professional skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        What would a good craft ability be since cooking is a professional skill.
        Most Garou are bad with vehicles unless they have a very specific reason not to be, so being an automotive or aeronautical mechanic would probably help. An industrial mechanic would be useful for monkeywrenching operations, where said kin would probably find both of the Gifts in the OP helpful.

Comment

how would Persuasion probaly play out in these cases

"Get started on your homework this instant young lady"

"So do I Get the job then sir?"

"I dont think you should keep going out with her Im pretty sure shes just mooching off of you"

Comment

Pretty well.... probably.... the issue is it's a very broadly worded Gift. Some STs crack down pretty hard on it after seeing it abused to hell and back, others find the results of it being used permissively fun. A lot try to balance it against higher level social Gifts the best they can.

All of those are probably easy things for Persuasion to let you accomplish assuming normal rolling wouldn't do it anyway.

Comment

It says that persuasion makes a successful roll more effective

what dice pools would be used

For those or one case from real life my niece who was only 2 was trying to go up the stairs (again) because we were too lazy to put baby gates up

When I saw her I addressed her by her given and middle name and reminded her "Mommy said no" In a firm but not angry tone She came back downstairs thankfully
              Last edited by Prince of the Night; 11-19-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X