No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Earthblood?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only about 3 hours in, but I'm loving it so far. Enjoying the various Pentex references throughout and the main character and supporting cast are fine. Definitely could've used some better voice acting. It's been giving me Terminator: Resistance feelings, which was reviewed poorly, but I found it to be an excellent game, no doubt helped in part due to my love of the source material. Similar instance here, I'd say. Could Earthblood use some more polish? Absolutely. Developers could have certainly used a bigger budget(couldn't we all) and it's definitely not a AAA game, but it shouldn't stop any World of Darkness fan from having a ton of fun with it.

I'm satisfied.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger."

Comment

Okay, so from an artist's/Lore fan's perspective;

The visuals are great, the crinos forms LOOK crinos and behave crinos. You can move freely in lupus and lupus animation is solid. You can tell when a character is a Silver Fang or a Red Talon. The Caern Totem and other spirits look fitting.

But then there is this Red Talon Caern that apparently does not tend to their spirits at all. Led by an Uktena(??) and they are framing her and her sept as WRONG for not liking humans.

You also mostly fight humans/fomori, which works just fine but you see the same models most of the game. There is also the issue of having a Fianna Ahroun do stealth, which works as well as it does in canon. Lots of crinos use. Given Cahal is in a pack, too, it is just weird how much he does alone.

Thrall of the Wyrm seems to be something of an endgame, since the Silver Fang leader gets killed by Cahal once he succumbs.

For what it is, it is not bad. Just disjointed.
      Last edited by Ana Mizuki; 02-05-2021, 02:12 PM.

My gallery.

Comment

So fat I'm still enjoying game making side quests and looking around for any new things to read. Fomori are quite tough and I smiled as they appeared.

I know that I'll try to play on hard and in stealth only.

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
          Okay, so from an artist's/Lore fan's perspective;

The visuals are great, the crinos forms LOOK crinos and behave crinos. You can move freely in lupus and lupus animation is solid. You can tell when a character is a Silver Fang or a Red Talon. The Caern Totem and other spirits look fitting.

But then there is this Red Talon Caern that apparently does not tend to their spirits at all. Led by an Uktena(??) and they are framing her and her sept as WRONG for not liking humans.

You also mostly fight humans/fomori, which works just fine but you see the same models most of the game. There is also the issue of having a Fianna Ahroun do stealth, which works as well as it does in canon. Lots of crinos use. Given Cahal is in a pack, too, it is just weird how much he does alone.

Thrall of the Wyrm seems to be something of an endgame, since the Silver Fang leader gets killed by Cahal once he succumbs.

For what it is, it is not bad. Just disjointed.

Should probably hide the spoilers.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger."

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

Should probably hide the spoilers.
            Thank you for reminding me.

My gallery.

Comment

But is it good enough to justify putting epic store on my computer?

Comment

I've read a few reviews now, and they say the game is repetitive? All stealth till stealth breaks, then full destruction crinos, over and over again? Made the game sound really basic and PS2 level. Are you guys finding more richness to it? Content that could inspire a TT game?

Comment

There is at least one scene that is worth everything but it's cause it's involving my favourite tribe. Game is fast to play and fast to finish and that's the sad part. I think ending is very good , pure WtA.

Comment

Originally posted by pwtucker View Post
                    I've read a few reviews now, and they say the game is repetitive? All stealth till stealth breaks, then full destruction crinos, over and over again? Made the game sound really basic and PS2 level. Are you guys finding more richness to it? Content that could inspire a TT game?

Thats pretty much what it seems from the few AP videos I've seen. Apparently others here are enjoying it but from the vids I've seen it just looks really dated, basic and repetitive.

Comment

So far it's been pretty simple but fun. If you are looking for "Witcher-like" conversation paths and depth of story this isn't going to be for you. It's a linear action game story and I'm fine with that. So far yes it has been stealth until you either insta lose from being detected by security cameras and the game ends, or you get to go Crinos and kill everything. They got the Crinos form right, I've been having fun with it and I only have it partially built up. Graphics could be better, I'm playing it on an Xbox Series X and this definitely looks like an older Xbox One game. That's my opinion so far.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                      Posts in this color are moderator posts
                      Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                      Forum Terms of Use
                      the Contact Us link.

Comment

I almost finished the game and it's really dark, mature, and it hits the right targets. I hope the 5th edition will have a lot of this kind of mature and dark vibes and less urban-fantasy stuff.
                        The depiction of the tribe is absolutely nice and the developers truly knew what they were doing.
                        The game touches many things about wta in a very deep way, rage at the top of them. Nice work.
                        Btw, I'm not a gamer. I know nothing about graphics and so on. I'm talking about the story and the vibe.

I totally support this kind of tribal-political fact about the Uktena elder leading the talons. We should break some political stereotype of werewolf. It is clear from the story that the garou are very few, so few that some of them break the litany to cooperate with humans.
                        Last edited by Helur; 02-06-2021, 11:10 AM.

-'' We are the unsullied.
                        We are the inheritors.
                        We are the Pure ''-

Comment

Originally posted by Helur View Post

I totally support this kind of tribal-political fact about the Uktena elder leading the talons. We should break some political stereotype of werewolf. It is clear from the story that the garou are very few, so few that some of them break the litany to cooperate with humans.
                          The issue is that it doesn't break the Litany to work with humans, in fact Uktena are one of the tribes who have dedicated ties to humanity of all kinds. MOST tribes work with humans, because kinfolk ARE human. Red Talons are an outlier as a tribe in many MANY aspects.

The whole 'working with humans is rare and BAD' is more of a forced take on the garou caring for stuff BEYOND humans. And while the game did in fact handle it better than I expected, it still is something that is not part of the game before W5.

My gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post

The issue is that it doesn't break the Litany to work with humans, in fact Uktena are one of the tribes who have dedicated ties to humanity of all kinds. MOST tribes work with humans, because kinfolk ARE human. Red Talons are an outlier as a tribe in many MANY aspects.

The whole 'working with humans is rare and BAD' is more of a forced take on the garou caring for stuff BEYOND humans. And while the game did in fact handle it better than I expected, it still is something that is not part of the game before W5.

Of course, is a new thing, and I really like it. Actually in the game is a litany breach. Talking with one of the lambda mankind the guy clearly says 'I knwo what you are''. Those are not all kinfolk. Also, Rodko himslef at the start of the game doesn't want to work with humans. They are clearly talking about normal humans, not kinfolk. The red talons pack is savage in the game, as we all espect. I find it really cool to see an Uktena primitive member guiding them.

-'' We are the unsullied.
                            We are the inheritors.
                            We are the Pure ''-

Comment

I just played the intro as of now.

I think it is okay as a video game, but I don't like that they (so far) are off in some aspekts of the game compared with the Setting.

Also they narrate that Gaia came from the Triat, and I like it to be uncertain, which was first...

Comment

Is it ever gonna be on steam or at least on something on PC that isn't the epic store?

Comment

Working...
                                X