Kinfolk becoming an Imbued I need an official ruling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinfolk becoming an Imbued I need an official ruling

Hi folks I need an official ruling is possable of Garou Kinfolk becoming a Imbued?, I want to create a an official character for Werewolf The Apocalypse a Human who was woken to the true evil of Pentex.

LW

As far as I recall, Imbued can't have any connection to the supernatural That would rule out Kinfolk.

But that is from HtR side. I don't think there was any pre-W20 ruling in a WtA source.

Comment

The Revised Werewolf Storytellers Handbook states in the crossover section that neither Garou or Kinfolk can become Imbued. I don't believe any of the 20th books make the same declaratory statement about it.

What exactly do you mean by "create an official character?" Just one that obeys all known rules for the games, or something else?

Comment

Not only can Kin not be Imbued, but depending on how you interpret the wording of relatives of shapeshifters not being able to be Imbued, no close blood relative is going to be getting tapped by the Messengers, even if they aren't Kinfolk.

Comment

Oh Since the Imbued were or are going to Inherit the Earth, the new guides and builders of Humanity according to the Times of Judgement source book.

Since they are as I understand the reborn Solar Exalted and a new golden age would be born from the deaths of the Races that lived besides Humanity.

So if any Imbued can't officially become from Kinfolk or Garou blooded Humans, since the given fact Garou aren't Human they have mixed with the race but not of it and given how Garou have very low thoughts of Humans to begin with,

So it is possable for Imbued to be an alley of the Garou, but that one would have to high in Zeal given that Garou are mostly proactive in fighting the Wyrm,

LW

Comment

Originally posted by Martian1912 View Post
            Since they are as I understand the reborn Solar Exalted...
            This is an Easter Egg from back when the original plan was for Exalted to be the "true" history of the World of Darkness. Something that was scrapped on both sides before it was ever made official (well beyond an ad in the back of a few books implying it would be), but hints of it were left in various places for fans to spot.

If you want to make the setting reflect that idea, then the Imbued are implied to be based on the Solars (though obviously it didn't work right). Otherwise references to shiny golden people being previous eras versions of the Imbued is just lore for PCs to consider investigating.

So it is possable for Imbued to be an alley of the Garou, but that one would have to high in Zeal given that Garou are mostly proactive in fighting the Wyrm,
            The Imbued are capable of allying with any supernatural that is willing to give it a try. For a number of reasons it rarely works out though. Mercy Creeds tend to try these things the most (they might not have the battle skills that Zeal offers, but most of the supernaturals aren't teaming up with the Imbued for those) because they have the easiest time connecting with supernaturals, and are more likely to believe that the sheer numbers of shared enemies the Garou and the Imbued have means they can steer the Garou at the right enemies can keep them away from the "wrong" ones like less tolerant Imbued.

Comment

Working...
            X