Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Bloodworms Embrace?

If they did what would the effects be?

Description says - they don't. However, their blood dont change. So others can use it.

Comment

Is that due to choice or capability?

Comment

So from what I can see it looks like a fully transformed Bloodworm wouldn't have the mental capacity or focus to embrace. This is due to two points the first is that Bloodworms are essentially Wights (vampires with no Humanity), as they are completely in the thrall of the Beast this means that they only really think about feeding and protecting themselves on a very animalistic level. The wight is then transformed by a possessing Bane into a creature that just hungers for blood, So by its very nature, it's not looking to or wanting to embrace.

So for me, a fully transformed Bloodworm isn't able or willing to embrace. The interesting potential is for the bits before the transformation when the Bane is still slowly eating the possessed vampire's soul, I figure at that point they still have the capacity to embrace as for the effect it could range from non-existant to their Childer being easier to possess or maybe having some sort of bond to the Thirster that makes them hungrier/thirstier for blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Undeadpuppy View Post
          So from what I can see it looks like a fully transformed Bloodworm wouldn't have the mental capacity or focus to embrace. This is due to two points the first is that Bloodworms are essentially Wights (vampires with no Humanity), as they are completely in the thrall of the Beast this means that they only really think about feeding and protecting themselves on a very animalistic level. The wight is then transformed by a possessing Bane into a creature that just hungers for blood, So by its very nature, it's not looking to or wanting to embrace.

So for me, a fully transformed Bloodworm isn't able or willing to embrace. The interesting potential is for the bits before the transformation when the Bane is still slowly eating the possessed vampire's soul, I figure at that point they still have the capacity to embrace as for the effect it could range from non-existant to their Childer being easier to possess or maybe having some sort of bond to the Thirster that makes them hungrier/thirstier for blood.
          I had thought of something along those lines as well.

The idea of someone else using bloodworm vitae to embrace also comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
            The idea of someone else using bloodworm vitae to embrace also comes to mind.
            I think the wiki mentions that the embrace can only happen from direct vite flow from the sire except in unsual cases, they mention Cappadocius as an exception so it likely involves ritual magic.
            If your going to the trouble of using high ritual magic to allow for the embrace your probably going to add on some more effects as this is a lot of effort to create a vampire

Comment

Originally posted by Undeadpuppy View Post

I think the wiki mentions that the embrace can only happen from direct vite flow from the sire except in unsual cases, they mention Cappadocius as an exception so it likely involves ritual magic.
              If your going to the trouble of using high ritual magic to allow for the embrace your probably going to add on some more effects as this is a lot of effort to create a vampire

Or you can just have a restrained bloodworm and a knife.

Forced embrace would be easier from a bloodworm than a normal vampire considering the captor doesn't have to deal with human level intelligence anymore. Just restrain it like a wild animal and poke.

Comment

I could imagine possessed wights' vitae having disturbing, and unpredictable, mutation effects on any childer created. Perhaps some vampire somewhere has already decided to experiment with Bloodwyrms and Blood Sorcery, just to see if they can create something interesting and/or useful.

I agree the Bloodwyrm wouldn't think to embrace anyone itself.
                Last edited by Erinys; 02-24-2021, 07:12 PM.

She/Her. I am very literal-minded and write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
                My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
                Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                  I could imagine possessed wights' vitae having disturbing, and unpredictable, mutation effects on any childer created. Perhaps some vampire somewhere has already decided to experiment with Bloodwyrms and Blood Sorcery, just to see if they can create something interesting and/or useful.

I agree the Bloodwyrm wouldn't think to embrace anyone itself.
                  This is something I am considering throwing in as a side quest for the coterie I GM for. They still owe those Lupines 2 favors. Bwahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                  X