Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Werewolf 20th Anniversary edition book coming.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Werewolf 20th Anniversary edition book coming.

    It seems Werewolf 20 will continue for at least one more book. It's called the apocalyptic record! Check it out! http://theonyxpath.com/in-like-a-vic...meeting-notes/

  • #2
    My opinions gonna depend on a few things. Whose developing it? Whose writing it? And what kind of bullshit Paradox is going to try and force into it?

    Last edited by BadFurryFanFic; 03-02-2021, 02:35 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BadFurryFanFic View Post
      My opinions gonna depend on a few things. Whose developing it? Whose writing it? And what kind of bullshit Paradox is going to try and force into it?
      It's been 3 years since Changing Ways was released.

      Let it go.

      (nvm that with all the management shake-ups at PDX and nuWW as an entity no longer being around on if the people who ordered those changes are even at the company anymore)

      Comment


      • #4
        I am interested in finding out what it is about.


        Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

        Comment


        • #5
          The Apocalyptic Record is one sourcebook containing five over-arcing stories, divided into chapters within each. These five stories tell different tales of the Apocalypse, each defined by a different phase of the moon/werewolf Auspices. Each contains a series of records, transcripts, journals, and relics written or voiced by werewolves, changing breeds, and even Wyrm-servants from Werewolf: The Apocalypse.
          This was one of those licensed WW IP projects that 2020 delayed discussions on, and which we’re able to do now thanks to the folks at Paradox! As soon as they were able to give us the go-ahead after they had worked out their plans despite 2020, they gave the OK. And we’re sooo ready to finally get our team writing!
          Hm. Apocalypse was one of the best books in the whole Werewolf line, and the only End Times book that really got what the game was about. It's going to be quite an effort to have this up to scratch. I'm really curious if these are in character looks at possible apocalypses and what they mean for the people living in the pre apocalypse times, or is this going to be more of the V5/LARP after the End stuff? The first would intrigue me, the second not so much.



          What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

            It's been 3 years since Changing Ways was released.

            Let it go.

            (nvm that with all the management shake-ups at PDX and nuWW as an entity no longer being around on if the people who ordered those changes are even at the company anymore)

            Nope.

            They need to earn that trust back. This is their chance to do so.
            Last edited by BadFurryFanFic; 03-02-2021, 07:55 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BadFurryFanFic View Post
              Nope.
              Then drop the snark and the threadcrapping.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

                Then drop the snark and the threadcrapping.

                Neither of those things were in this thread until your post.

                I simply stated what information I would require in order to consider buying it.

                If you have a problem with a post report it to the Mods.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                  I am interested in finding out what it is about.

                  From the info we have I'm getting BJD vibes, which could be great, its likely to include some metaplot stuff to bring WtA in line with whatever W5 will eventually be. That has me slightly worried but as said it will depend on the writers and developer.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I, too, read the information in the block as it being a book that might be closer to "Chronicles of the Black Labyrinth" or "The Book of Nod" in style and make than an "normal" source book. That said, I would find it sad, if it was being the way to W5, rather than a 20th Anniversary book proper.
                    Not that I'm particularly fond of W20, compared to 2nd and 2nd revised, but still...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      From the blurb it seems that this will be W20's version of Apocalypse, so to speak. Perhaps some scenarios will include the world continuing to exist in some form post-Apocalypse, or in the Sixth Age if you prefer. Still, if that's the case it won't necessarily be useful for groups who don't want to play The End yet.

                      I don't know much about Apocalypse, so I don't know whether I should hope for completely new and different scenarios, or a do-over of scenarios that were disliked by players. I really, really hope it isn't "SUDDENLY, AVATAR STORM!!!" but worried it will be.

                      I admit I'm disappointed just because when I saw the thread title, for a moment I had hope that the Bunyip Tribebook was un-cancelled.


                      She/Her. I am very literal-minded and write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
                      My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
                      Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                        From the blurb it seems that this will be W20's version of Apocalypse, so to speak. Perhaps some scenarios will include the world continuing to exist in some form post-Apocalypse, or in the Sixth Age if you prefer. Still, if that's the case it won't necessarily be useful for groups who don't want to play The End yet.

                        I don't know much about Apocalypse, so I don't know whether I should hope for completely new and different scenarios, or a do-over of scenarios that were disliked by players. I really, really hope it isn't "SUDDENLY, AVATAR STORM!!!" but worried it will be.

                        I admit I'm disappointed just because when I saw the thread title, for a moment I had hope that the Bunyip Tribebook was un-cancelled.
                        Nope, it's W20's version of Beckett's Jyhad Diary. Or close to it, anyway. Beckett's contained a lot of written diary entries (obviously), but as the Garou have a largely oral history, we'll have to take a different approach to format and layout.


                        Matthew Dawkins
                        In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing


                        Website: https://www.matthewdawkins.com
                        Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          OK thanks, but I have no idea what Beckett's Jyhad Diary is other than the adventures or discoveries of a signature character in some unknown context.


                          She/Her. I am very literal-minded and write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
                          My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
                          Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Basically trying to establish the setting and metaplot for the new edition as well as wrapping up loose ends in an 'official' capacity (though 5e might determine that). Gehenna didn't exactly occur as expected or the books suggested so what did happen.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                              OK thanks, but I have no idea what Beckett's Jyhad Diary is other than the adventures or discoveries of a signature character in some unknown context.

                              It was basically supposed to be an IC bridge from VtM to V5 but then V5 ignored most of it anyway, its still a fun read but it references a whole bunch of signature characters and metaplot that most home games never actually featured.

                              Matthew Dawkins, are you developing the book or are writing for it? I'll admit thats cooled me on the project a bit, I don't think our vision of the WoD is overly compatible looking at your recent output. Great quality writing just....not for me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X