Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire Blood Addiction

Hi.

Can a werewolf get addicted to vampiric blood?

Yes, I believe there is a canon bonegnawer who is

Comment

Sotryteller's Handbook page 197:
      Werewolves are allergic to vampiric vitae, and are more difficult to ghoul or blood bond. Only a few can ingest the stuff without violently vomiting it back up. If you like, you may call for a Gnosis roll, difficulty 3, the first time a werewolf tastes vampire blood. If the roll succeeds, the Garou in question is among those allergic to the stuff; if it fails or botches, the werewolf has a tolerance for vitae.

So, statistically, there is a chance. With Gnosis 1 it is 20%, so 1 in 5 Garou would accept vitae. With Gnosis 2 it is also a 20% chance. With Gnosis 3 it is only 8%, with Gnosis 4 its less then 6.5% and with Gnosis 5 it's less then 3.2%.
      So, the more experienced a Garou is, the less likely it is the Garou can be ghouled or be blood bonded, or what ever you call it. Pre-Change garou and cubs are more likely to have Gnosis ratings where being bound by vitae is a real possibility.

In any case, the roll is optional, just to give a relation on how unlikely it is. But the first sentence states it is difficult, not unlikely, so there might be ways to force feed a Garou to blood bond anyway.

Comment

Cool. I will use a BSD who works for the local Prince in exchange for the vitae he's addicted to. Ghouling a werewolf is too much imho, so I'll just make him addict but not bonded or ghouled.

Comment

Technicaly it would become a Ghoul. He would receive one dot of Potence and an other Discipline (depending on the Clan of the Prince) and a Blood Pool. The Blood can't be used paralel to Gnosis or Rage, but the passive bonuses (Potence) would apply.
          You shall determine if it's bonded or not. If yes, it could have a serious disadvantage on it's rank.

The cannon ghoul-garou is Ossian, a Fianna Galliard from Red List, Kindred Most Wanted. (Not the V20.)

Comment

I think there was another one in the Black Forest sept.
            I would think, garou would try to hide the fact from their septmates...

Comment

You are right. Yes, a Fenris guy, who was drinking his brother's (?) blood if I remember right. Old VtM stuff what I find quite our of the acceptable range.

Comment

Originally posted by heinrich View Post
                Sotryteller's Handbook page 197:
                Werewolves are allergic to vampiric vitae, and are more difficult to ghoul or blood bond. Only a few can ingest the stuff without violently vomiting it back up. If you like, you may call for a Gnosis roll, difficulty 3, the first time a werewolf tastes vampire blood. If the roll succeeds, the Garou in question is among those allergic to the stuff; if it fails or botches, the werewolf has a tolerance for vitae.

So, statistically, there is a chance. With Gnosis 1 it is 20%, so 1 in 5 Garou would accept vitae. With Gnosis 2 it is also a 20% chance. With Gnosis 3 it is only 8%, with Gnosis 4 its less then 6.5% and with Gnosis 5 it's less then 3.2%.
                So, the more experienced a Garou is, the less likely it is the Garou can be ghouled or be blood bonded, or what ever you call it. Pre-Change garou and cubs are more likely to have Gnosis ratings where being bound by vitae is a real possibility.

In any case, the roll is optional, just to give a relation on how unlikely it is. But the first sentence states it is difficult, not unlikely, so there might be ways to force feed a Garou to blood bond anyway.
                Percentage of Garou not immune to vitae:
                Gnosis 1: 20%
                Gnosis 2: 4%
                Gnosis 3: 0.8%
                Gnosis 4: 0.16%
                Gnosis 5: 0.032%
                Gnosis 6: 0.0064%
                Gnosis 7: 0.00128%
                Gnosis 8: 0.000256%
                Gnosis 9: 0.0000512%
                Gnosis 10: 0.00001024%

Not that I think that dice mechanics should determine thematic setting elements, but this is if they did.

Personally I would allow the vitae “allergy” to be overcome with repeated attempts or prolonged exposure. Kind of like how people cough painfully when they first smoke a cigarette but if they keep trying they can smoke multiple packs a day.

Comment

For the concept to work, it may not be necessary for the Black Spiral Dancer to be "addicted". He might just like the euphoria he gets when ingesting it.

I'm reminded of findings that mice exposed to cocaine have different results in terms of addiction. Mice that are extremely stressed lack natural endorphins, and when they consumed the cocaine, they became very addicted. But mice that were not stressed and had high levels of natural endorphins could enjoy the high, but not become addicted. These results were also seen in human populations when comparing certain users of cocaine versus others (say extremely wealthy and successful stock traders and other "master of the universe" type businessmen, versus extremely stressed poor people who had trouble making ends meet). The stressed out poor became extremely addicted because their bodies were producing low amounts of endorphins, while the very rich, high prestige, successful business types showed much lower rates of addiction because their bodies were already producing lots of endorphins naturally.

Kind of like Matthew McConnaughey's character in Wolf of Wall Street.

You need that vitae in order to not implode. Implosions are ugly. This is not a tip. This is a prescription.

Comment

Working...
                  X