Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a Corax a challenge for a group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a Corax a challenge for a group?

I mean for a pack of rank 3-4 garous it seems hard to present Corax as really challenging, they seem to be inferior to garous in about every way(especially in physical confrontation). I know little about Corax, thus I'm perhaps completely wrong and that's why I'm asking here: How can I make Corax a challenge to a pack of garous?

Give it a sniper rifle?🤔

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
      Give it a sniper rifle?🤔
      I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that, hahaha.

Otherwise, depending on the Gifts the Garou in question possess, the best answer seems to be some kind of situation where it can use its ability to fly to it's advantage, like being able to drop bombs or something on Garou that are pinned down and unable to reach it.

Really, it seems like the best way to make a Corax a threat to a group of Garou is a situation where the Corax can manipulate someone else into doing the scrapping with false information, or hitting the Garou indirectly through institutions.

They just aren't made to be a threat to a Garou in a straight-up fight, which is why your best options are going to be things like sniper rifles or planted explosives that arguably go too far into "unfair" territory. But I'm not an expert, maybe someone knows some kind of killer Gift combo for Corax that turns them into flying death machines?

Comment

Corax actually make for Horrifyingly effective spies and assassins.

90% of their gifts are for information gathering rather than combat, meaning any corax worth talking about is going to know who your PCs are, where your PCs are at any given time, how they got there, what equipment they have, what gifts they use most often, their favorite color, who they're related to, their best friend in high school, their mother's maiden name, where they left finger prints, their social security number... Meaning if a Corax what's to mess with you, they can social-engineering their way into your major password protected devices, drain you bank account, and frame you for any crime they want with all the evidence they could ever ask for.

Add onto that gifts like Sky’s Beneficence(level 2)[allows a corax to drop Any package on a target with the accuracy of aimbot of steroids as long as she can see them], Eyes of the Eagle(level 3)[allows a corax to see through any obscuring condition like fog, rain, darkness, etc. as long as it isn't a solid wall in the way], Mynah’s Touch(level 3)[Pick a graou gift less than your rank. Any garou gift less that your rank. For one use], Flight of Separation(Level 4)[Shadow Clone Jutsu!], Gauntlet Runner(Level 4) [Roll wits + enigmas Dif 8, lower the gauntlet by 1 Per Success], Deceptive Demise(Level 5)[fake your death by stepping sideways and leaving a corpse in your place], Theft of Stars(Level 5)[Target can't perceive nature light. Get a target in the woods during the day and they're essentially blind because their sight-enhancing gifts won't be able to help them], Theiving Talens of the Magpie (level 5)[This beauty speaks for herself]

The corax can essentially drop explosives and incriminating evidence on the group at any time, Can leave anonymous tips to the local authorities with your entire personal biography on hand, has a thousand and one ways to escape and fake her death, can pull out anything from her hat of tricks at any time, and can do it all from a safe distance.
        Last edited by Prometheas; 05-19-2022, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much people!

Mynah’s Touch(level 3)[Pick a graou gift less than your rank. Any garou gift less that your rank. For one use], Flight of Separation(Level 4)[Shadow Clone Jutsu!], Gauntlet Runner(Level 4) [Roll wits + enigmas Dif 8, lower the gauntlet by 1 Per Success], Deceptive Demise(Level 5)[fake your death by stepping sideways and leaving a corpse in your place], Theft of Stars(Level 5)[Target can't perceive nature light.
          By the way, can you tell me in which books can I find these gifts?

Comment

Considering Corax history, general demeanour and society you've got to be some fairly garbage Garou to get on their bad side in the first place, most likely action for them would be to fly to a friendly Sept nearby and point out the pack of Wyrm-Traitors.

Unless your talking about a Buzzard.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Meister View Post
              Thank you very much people!
              By the way, can you tell me in which books can I find these gifts?
              Most recently, W20 Changing Breeds.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

Most recently, W20 Changing Breeds.

Thank you very much sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Meister View Post
                  I mean for a pack of rank 3-4 garous it seems hard to present Corax as really challenging, they seem to be inferior to garous in about every way(especially in physical confrontation). I know little about Corax, thus I'm perhaps completely wrong and that's why I'm asking here: How can I make Corax a challenge to a pack of garous?
                  Try "Wile E. Coyote" manouver: let them chase the corax to the Great Canyon in homid form and then fly away. Angry garou will likely chase him in crinos from and stopping 600 lbs full speed to full stop is difficult.

Warrior of the Rainbow
                  Saint among the sinners
                  Pure among the dirt
                  Loser among winners

Comment

You are right, placing a single Corax on a combat grid and surrounding him with a pack of Garou just to roll dice for that combat DnD-style would be senseless.
                    If your goal is to make the Corax into a problem for the pack in your story, let the Corax know a thing or two about how Garou renown works instead.
                    No player character is behaving perfectly all their life, everyone has done something worth a scandal at some point and sooner or later you need help from those who would be disappointed or angry if they knew your screwups.
                    The Corax have a set of rules similar to a 'Corax Litany', and the tenet that makes for the greatest problems is 'There are no secrets'.
                    So when the Garou who made an enemy of that Corax need something from any other influential Garou or Spirit, it is time for "So you need X from me? Alright, I am the right one to ask, but first: a little birdie told me to ask you about that one thing you prayed that noone would ever notice, how exactly did that happen again?"
                    Last edited by Ilsaena; 06-22-2022, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Aren’t Corax and Garou generally on the same side?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        Aren’t Corax and Garou generally on the same side?
                        Generally.

Individuals are always individuals.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                        #AutismPride
                        She/her pronouns

Comment

There's also a difference between "challenge" and 'enemy."

A Silver Fang Elder is on the same side as a pack of Gnawers, Walkers,and Children of Gaia, but might be a challenge in any number of ways due to very different ideals of how to handle things, and not wanting the PCs to get access to Sept resources due to their unconventional methods.

Comment

Well since we necroed this, I've been wanting to say that the best way to challenge a pack via Corax is for the Corax to call in favours, friendships and debts it accrued. They work well with other Garou, and there's bound to be at least one pack that won't take kindly to someone trying to whack their favourite little bird. So anyone antagonizing and going up against a Corax could easily be up against other Werewolves.

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Comment

Use the brains, not the muscles

Comment

Working...
                              X