Tribe books for the Children of Gaia.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lyrics Of War View Post
    "I was normally a very friendly person. loved educating those with less intelligence then me... Now I've joined the Fenrir and everytime someone asks an obvious question I frenzy!!"
    Tadaa! You found why Tribal Weaknesses are so damn stupid. I guess they are supposed to be about the tribal culture in mechanic terms, but still..

I think the worse 'weakness' was Bone Gnawer spending spree. It wasn't even an official weakness, just a thing in the revised TB. Because all Gnawers would spurlge any money they got, no matter their history. This was luckily corrected in W20.

My gallery.

Comment

My brother had something like that with his nuwisha. Claimed having raven as his totem meant he couldn't own anything (true), didn't stop him from stealing from a 'guess' store. After convincing the police that he owned the store he broke into. His response to my questioning his theft of 2k in cash and expensive pants? "Raven provides."

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

"I was normally a very friendly person. loved educating those with less intelligence then me... Now I've joined the Fenrir and everytime someone asks an obvious question I frenzy!!"
        Shit happens when you bind your very soul to an Incarna spirit that is essentially the embodiment of unending rage.
        Or one that harbors a deep grudge against men owing to his own castration.
        Or a god that defines the very seasons themselves.
        Or the archetype of all predators who can't help but retreat against the world of humans, even as he rages against it.

Some of the tribal flaw systems are dumb (the Silver Fang one springs to mind - Dark Ages is superior on this level) but the concept is sound... because if you're a member of a tribe, then you're spiritually part of the tribe's totem - And its peccadilloes are going to come through in you, no doubt.

Comment

My brother had something like that with his nuwisha. Claimed having raven as his totem meant he couldn't own anything (true), didn't stop him from stealing from a 'guess' store. After convincing the police that he owned the store he broke into. His response to my questioning his theft of 2k in cash and expensive pants? "Raven provides."
          Aaaactually, yeah, Raven provided!
          Raven will be upset if he tucks it all away into a bank, though. Raven provided - now use it!

Comment

Yeah he tried to buy a penthouse suite and live the life for a night. To his shock it was previously used by a drug orgy. Lol the look on his face when I was describing scents in the room!

Comment

Back to weaknesses, would you advise ignoring them?

Comment

We generally play with the Tribal weaknesses and think they add to the spirit of the tribes. As the Cat noted, being a tribe member isn't about a membership card and a secret handshake, it's a metaphysical pact with a totem spirit. Why wouldn't it rub off on you?

Comment

Originally posted by The Cat Came Back View Post

Some of the tribal flaw systems are dumb (the Silver Fang one springs to mind - Dark Ages is superior on this level) but the concept is sound... because if you're a member of a tribe, then you're spiritually part of the tribe's totem - And its peccadilloes are going to come through in you, no doubt.
                  Yeah, hence the changes we made. Though sadly I couldn't get the Fang flaw changed.

My gallery.

Comment

I'm a fan of the tribal weaknesses.

I have a player who played a Hakken, but decided to switch to Silver Fang. Since the dementia is supposed to be based on inbreeding, I went ahead and left him with failures dagger.

Comment

Ah ok. I thought they'd add flavor to the game myself. Like character flaws. So with +4 willpower to humans vs Crinos form delerium with CoG, are most of the people in a city going to remember her?

Comment

Well, we all know how important pants are.

Comment

Are Corax banned from owning expensive stuff, then? My player wants a sniper rifle.

“I am absolute, I am perfect, I am supreme. I shall be eternal. My tragedy, is that there is no other fate for me. My powerlessness was that I couldn’t subjugate my journey to the gods, while dreaming of rebirth at the end of distant time, like other pharaohs.” Ramesses II, Fate/Prototype: Argent Fragments.

Comment

I think you can have clothing, fetish' or like a weapon. You can't own wealth. My brothers Nuwisha owned a pair of pants (stolen) boots, and a glock with an 18 round clip, as well as the umbral travel sunglasses. Everything else he had to utilize or get rid of. He could not carry money for longer then a few hours.

Comment

@Katsura:
                              They aren't. Corax have a special version of Raven as their totem whose ban is merely to whisper newly-learned secrets into the air so Raven can hear them. Also, their penchant for shiny stuff would be rather impractical if they couldn't possess jewelry (or more impractical, at any rate).

@Ana&Last-Man-Standing
                              According to the Tribe Book, the Silverfang Flaw does not result from inbreeding, but from their non-adherence to a spiritual pact with Luna, who only permitted one of their leaders to rule for seven years or so - when he turned to Helios for another seven, Luna cursed the tribe.
                              Last edited by Cifer; 05-28-2014, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I've always enjoyed the Silverfang flaw. All of my fang characters have had it and ironically most of those who interacted with them were blissfully ignorant of any derangement. It would only be in discussions much later OOC about the game that the manifestations of these derangements would be revealed.

Comment

Working...
                                X