Red Talons, the throw-away tribe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
    Spiral actually didn't make metis fertile, they just make a LOT of them.
    There's a scenario in Times of Judgement where the Perfect Metis impregnates Zhyzhak. Though I got some details wrong; it's wasn't the BSD (who tried to get Metis fertile for a while now), it was the fallen Glasswalkers under Cockroach.

I do understand if people scoff at ToJ scenarios for being, at times, pretty out there. You'll get no complaints from me. They're written for dramatic effect first and foremost. Trying to make Metis fertile, that does go back to Book of the Wyrm though, if I recall.

Comment

• The Spirals didn't make a metis fertile. The Perfect Metis was presumably born that way, and Zhyzhak is homid. And also wildly out of character in that scenario.

Comment

• I don't remember anything about the Perfect Metis being naturally fertile... of course, I could be wrong. Do you disagree with the idea that the BSD were *trying* to make Metis fertile, though? That was in the original Book of the Wyrm. And it did not say there "This will never work", it said "If they succeed, the Garou Nation is done".

Nevermind that it's only one idea to give the Red Talons more to do in the eyes of players than sulk and kill humans for pissing in the woods. That's what it comes down to for many, and it's a crying shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konigheim Horror View Post
          I don't remember anything about the Perfect Metis being naturally fertile... of course, I could be wrong. Do you disagree with the idea that the BSD were *trying* to make Metis fertile, though? That was in the original Book of the Wyrm. And it did not say there "This will never work", it said "If they succeed, the Garou Nation is done".

Nevermind that it's only one idea to give the Red Talons more to do in the eyes of players than sulk and kill humans for pissing in the woods. That's what it comes down to for many, and it's a crying shame.
          Without explicit text to elaborate, I've always taken it as the Perfect Metis being born fertile. The whole point is 'a Metis with no (discernible) flaws,' and sterility seems like an evident flaw from a Garou or biological/evolutionary perspective.
          Last edited by Kharnov; 07-09-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X