Your (New/Revamped) Tribes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derzhuzad View Post

I never got the sense that they were actually achieved sub-tribe status. They felt more like a camp in the Shadowlords, albeit a pariah camp, and then they died out in the late 1800's.
    Oh, definitely not. But W20 is supposed to include ALL the sub-groups, so them missing is sad. The space for Fera could have used better with the sub-groups, imho.

My gallery.

Comment

The Los Infeliz were a proper Sub-tribe (they only had 2 gifts (Auspice and Breed) not 3 to start) like the Siberakh. Granted though, they were much despised and not encourage to continue on, unlike the Siberakh.

Project consolidation:
      Rough Draft: Dhole Shifters, Ottawa By Night, Tribebook Bunyip, Garou Variant
      In redaction: Lasombra Bloodline

Comment

I have a few ideas I'm currently working on. They still need fleshing out but here they are:

Wendigo: Formerly a tribe of native american werewolves, the Wendigo have since fallen to the darker spirits. Unlike the Black Spiral Dancers, the Wendigo do not dance the Black Spiral. Instead they fused with banes and have become horrible hybrids of Garou and Spirit who sustain themselves by feeding on men and other Garou. They represent the anger the native tribes have against the western invaders.

Glass Walkers: Currently the only known tribe to have fallen to the Weaver. They've acquired strange new powers from their new masters but have also lost some of their shapechanging abilities because of it. They are known to forcibly indoctrinate captured werewolves.

Iron Masters: Name taken from the Forsaken Tribe. They are what's left of the old Glass Walkers. They still serve a version of Cockroach and are viewed with apprehension by the other tribes. Glass Walkers also actively seek them out for conversion.

Comment

The Wendigo and Glass Walkers shift I can easily see...Hell even the Uktena needs to be carefully watch.

Maybe we should create a (fan) Book of alternate Tribes.We detail our ideas and one of us could compile everything in a Word Document (I'm not the best and it's pretty basic stuff, but I've done a few fan material for other games)

Project consolidation:

Comment

Agusustus, I have always figured it was time for the tribe to go through its next incarnation in one way or another, so I have done the Glasswalker schism before myself. In one game the Cryberdogs successfully managed to take over the tribe and lead them to fall to the Weaver, we called them the OneSong Wolves. The remaining Glass Walkers that didn't chose to follow the tribes direction split off entirely and left Cockroach greatly weakened. In current game terms I think this would have pushed him to look at the new Were-roaches much more closely as an option.

Boneguard, I don't think that is a bad idea, we would really need to flesh out a lot of these ideas though. Many of them are only conceptual and I think it would be a good idea to contemplate not only additional tribes, but how they would change the Garou world if someone wanted to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Derzhuzad View Post
              Boneguard, I don't think that is a bad idea, we would really need to flesh out a lot of these ideas though. Many of them are only conceptual and I think it would be a good idea to contemplate not only additional tribes, but how they would change the Garou world if someone wanted to use them.

I Agree, as you've indicated a lot of those ideas are still at the conceptual level and a lot of fleshing out would be required - including my own ideas - but even if we start with a 2-pager (like the other Tribes) and then slowly add to it, it could be a fun project for us.

Because so far we have:
              - Yourself (Derzhuzad) : Dusk Walker, Hollow Walker, Hungry Ghost/Endless Hunger, South American Uktena offshoot, OneSong Wolves and Remnant of the Glass Walker.
              - CeltSPZ : Pan American coalition
              - Ana Mizuki : Domini Canis, Lycaon
              - Myself (Boneguard) : Early Warder of Man, Pre-Australian Bunyip (maybe Singing Dog), Pre-curse Silent Strider
              - Augustus Den : (Bane) Wendigo, (Weaver) Glass Walker and Iron Master (Remnant of the (Wyld) Glass Walker)

Which is quite a lot, would give a lot of potential/flexibility and would keep us busy for some time. And nothing preclude helping each other with ideas, suggestion and figure out the bigger picture of how do they change the Garou World -especially if we also consider potential alternate History.

Well the idea is out there, let's see what others think or id anyone else has New/Revamped or alternate Tribes to offer

Project consolidation:

Comment

Originally posted by Boneguard View Post
                There are a few ideas I've been toying with -mostly for historical campaign- but that never got define more then a few brief lines.

2) Pre-australian Bunyip. How were they before they breed with the Tasmanian Tiger...and before having gift that seems to be closerly related to the Indigenous Australian mythos).
                Shattered Dreams looks at this is some more detail. (Caveat: First draft, who knows what will survive to print etc.)

Maybe Stew will let us share a few spoilers at some stage.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

Shattered Dreams looks at this is some more detail. (Caveat: First draft, who knows what will survive to print etc.)

Maybe Stew will let us share a few spoilers at some stage.

That's just being a Tease ;-P

But joking aside, that's great to know that it may (or may not) come out soonish.

Project consolidation:

Comment

I'm all for filling people in on any questions my group did come up with for the SCA, it was the big central plot of our games that we had a blast with. A lot of this stuff on here is great that people have come up with. I want to steal and combine the honey bee idea with the lycaon in one of my historical games, especially now that White Howlers are entirely fleshed out. For pre-exile Striders in my game I already have given my own twist which was they started out as a house of Silver Fangs, who became their own tribe once exiled and no longer picky with who they bred with. I do like the idea of fleshing out the Pre-Australian Bunyip, going in depth with the singing dogs is a neat idea. It feels like a lot of people on the boards aren't a huge fan of marsupial garou, or am I misreading things? A South American variant for Uktena could be a lot of fun, as they are a continent away from the rest, breeding with something that isn't Canis lupus. Different Uktena make a lot of sense here. I always felt South America was described as not really a land that naturally suited the garou, much like Africa and Australia (which produced "interesting" garou out of necessity).

As for Shattered Dreams, I'm desperately waiting...saved up some Christmas money..........

Comment

Originally posted by CeltSPZ View Post
                      I'm all for filling people in on any questions my group did come up with for the SCA, it was the big central plot of our games that we had a blast with. A lot of this stuff on here is great that people have come up with. I want to steal and combine the honey bee idea with the lycaon in one of my historical games, especially now that White Howlers are entirely fleshed out. For pre-exile Striders in my game I already have given my own twist which was they started out as a house of Silver Fangs, who became their own tribe once exiled and no longer picky with who they bred with. I do like the idea of fleshing out the Pre-Australian Bunyip, going in depth with the singing dogs is a neat idea. It feels like a lot of people on the boards aren't a huge fan of marsupial garou, or am I misreading things? A South American variant for Uktena could be a lot of fun, as they are a continent away from the rest, breeding with something that isn't Canis lupus. Different Uktena make a lot of sense here. I always felt South America was described as not really a land that naturally suited the garou, much like Africa and Australia (which produced "interesting" garou out of necessity).

As for Shattered Dreams, I'm desperately waiting...saved up some Christmas money..........
                      Makes a decade that do not play rpg with dices.
                      The garous are scattered around the world, see no need to classify them as subgroups of the same tribe as you said, maybe a Caern denomination. And yes Uktena would be in South América, Silver Fangs too because European immigration, Black Furies too. But you are, perhaps, wanting to quote a racial component of wolves? hmmm,

Comment

We're talking pre-columbian Uktena, so we aren't including Fangs or any of the other non-indigenous tribes. Thats why we mention the Uktena and none of the others. Subgrouping wouldn't be the first time this has happened in garou history so there is a basis for it. Just about every tribe has camps (or houses in the case of the Fangs), which show subgrouping across philosophical or geographic lines. Then you toss in the Red Talons who bred with the hunting dogs in Africa, that alone was their reason for being a sub-branch of their tribe, with their own unique stats, and gifts. I see no reason to not homebrew up an Uktena variant based on the maned wolf in this case. Toss it it would give the Uktena a rather large territory compared to the other two "Pure Land" tribes. North America west of the Mississippi, and not exactly sure where their northern most boarder would be (I seem to remember the Lakota being Wendigo and the Shawnee being Wendigo kin....) all the way into South America, that is a hell of a range of both human cultures, environment, and now toss new cannid species into the mix. I think it could be a lot of fun to play.

Comment

The point of this thread is the idea of revamping/home brewing your own tribe. You don't need to see a reason, but if someone else thinks the ideas are fun, then why not? It doesn't exactly go against the theme of the game in anyway, the garou are if nothing a very disjointed people. The White Howlers considered themselves very diverse....they were just in Scotland, now imagine the geographic range the Uktena could have had back in the old days (granted its pretty immense in the modern times when you toss Australia into the mix).

Comment

Cool this discussion
                            South America could be the land of Croatan... i know....maybe the Changing Breeds lands for this optics

Comment

The Croatan land as already ben define as the East Coast around the Carolinas and going inland from there in Songs of Croatan.

The Uktena were in Southern USA and Mexico ( and maybe Central America) so South American Uktena is a more logical possibility.

I'm all for filling people in on any questions my group did come up with for the SCA, it was the big central plot of our games that we had a blast with. A lot of this stuff on here is great that people have come up with.
                              That would indeed make for a great chapter in a Fanon sourcebook.

For pre-exile Striders in my game I already have given my own twist which was they started out as a house of Silver Fangs, who became their own tribe once exiled and no longer picky with who they bred with.
                              Interesting view and make sense as the Fangs would want to be associate with one of the Biggest and Strongest Dynasty in that part of the World.

Personally, I was seeing them more as a very landbound Tribe with strong roots in Lower and Upper Egypt with Gift related to Hunting Vampire and being a Shadow in the Sandy Desert (and maybe to help with the Nile Flooding)...making the Curse of the Setite that much more painful.

I do like the idea of fleshing out the Pre-Australian Bunyip, going in depth with the singing dogs is a neat idea. It feels like a lot of people on the boards aren't a huge fan of marsupial garou, or am I misreading things?
                              The marsupial Garou was never very popular, but as their arrival predates the arrival of the Dingo, something had to be done. I don't mind it personally. The way I see it, they Early Bunyip were probably of Asian Wolf Stock, then went with Dhole Stock as they spread down the South-Asian Area, before settling for Dingo stock/Singing Dogs.
                              Last edited by Boneguard; 01-04-2015, 05:02 PM. Reason: Added my reply to CeltSPZ post (I initially replied on a cellphone so no cut and paste option).

Project consolidation:

Comment

I'd really like to be involved in a fan source book if you guys are interested in doing it too. I guess I could type away at stuff, but I work great with guidelines, what exactly should I include or not bother with. I think it'd be neat, plus it'd be interesting to see what we'd end up with.

Comment

Working...
                                X