X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ana Mizuki
    replied
    Originally posted by Derzhuzad View Post

I will add the patriarch betrayal back then, I thought it may have deviated to much from the original concept so I rewrote the whole thing earlier. Shouldn't be to hard though, the newest write up is just less about ancient history more a general overview.
    Well, it is a factor in the setting.

Honestly, you've done good work with it, no need to ask for my opinion 'bout it.

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
    I really dig it, especially the whole Patriarch betrayal added in.

I really REALLY don't want to say anything about gifts, simply because I'm bad at mechanics XD

I will add the patriarch betrayal back then, I thought it may have deviated to much from the original concept so I rewrote the whole thing earlier. Shouldn't be to hard though, the newest write up is just less about ancient history more a general overview.

Leave a comment:

• Ana Mizuki
    replied
    I really dig it, especially the whole Patriarch betrayal added in.

I really REALLY don't want to say anything about gifts, simply because I'm bad at mechanics XD

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
    I got two, one an older tribe idea, a sort of Lancea Sanctum for Garou. And another a historical take on Glass Walkers.
    Domini Canis
    "Let the way of God guide you in your battles"

Most of the garou nation is quite pagan. They know what job gaia fullfills in their lives, they know her rules and her laws.

The hounds, however, doubt the truth of this. They believe God created all, Gaia,Triat, and something went wrong. Very wrong. And it is the garou nation's sacret duty to fix things. The hounds are one of the more confusing pariah tribes, united by religion and often being one of the most profilic tribes in supporting human rights. But when the battle calls, hounds have been seen in the front lines just as well. The tribe fully believes in their own dogma, and thus, they see their mission as absolute, no few times has a Shadow Lord or a Red Talon felt the claws of the Hounds.

Unfortunately to anyone thinking to use the hounds using their religion, the hounds do not see themselves as 'human' anymore than other tribes. In fact, they denounce that notion quite violently, and any garou daring to pray the human way will be considered a blasbemer.
    Ok Ana, I have rewritten the history of this Tribe 3 or 4 times now, I think lol, I have lost count. I think the document holds true to your original idea but your input would be great, the gift list isn't final. There are a few changes I want to make but I wanted a good base to start from.

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    I am not sure how much I like my back story for the Domini Canis right now. I like the premise I came up but i feel I am missing something in the history. The link below is a very rough draft.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8G...ew?usp=sharing

I just realized that for some reason my rough draft of their gifts didn't sync so I will work on the later. I spent a little time reworking the tribal definition, It not finished yet and I am still not sure how much how much ancient history I want to give them.

EDIT: Added gifts from the unsynced version to the posted version. They are no where near final, I already plan to make a change to the rank 2 gifts.
    Last edited by Derzhuzad; 11-11-2015, 11:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    Originally posted by Yaoi Huntress Earth View Post
    I'd like to see some more on these sub-tribes. Maybe the Singing Dogs could have howl/singing based gifts like siren songs and howls that can shatter glass.

Which sub-tribes? you said 'these' implying more then one. As for the singing dogs I think there lack of membership is why we see so few gifts from them. Elders in the tribe act almost as a record of what spirits teach what gifts. With only 4 members I have to assume that a lot of tribal knowledge has been lost to them for a long time. If I was working a full gifts list I would probably pull form the White Howler, Red Talon, and Gilliard gifts lists.

Leave a comment:

• Yaoi Huntress Earth
    replied
    I'd like to see some more on these sub-tribes. Maybe the Singing Dogs could have howl/singing based gifts like siren songs and howls that can shatter glass.

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    I am not sure how much I like my back story for the Domini Canis right now. I like the premise I came up but i feel I am missing something in the history. The link below is a very rough draft.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8G...ew?usp=sharing

Leave a comment:

• Random_Interrupt
    replied
    Yeah there are a lot of gifts, I am currently playing with the Domini Canis concept from earlier in the thread, so I had been digging through gifts trying to get a rough gift lists together.

I like the changes, balancing wise I don't see any issue in particular.

Cool, would like to see them when they're done. Between the Domini Canis and the Lycaon also mentioned earlier I can't help but think a fanbook presenting a whole new alt.universe Garou Nation would be a cool thing to have.

Edit: Also, found this bitchin' pic that made me think "Well, this is obviously a Dark Ages Domini Canis in crinos";
    Last edited by Random_Interrupt; 11-09-2015, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    Yeah there are a lot of gifts, I am currently playing with the Domini Canis concept from earlier in the thread, so I had been digging through gifts trying to get a rough gift lists together.

I like the changes, balancing wise I don't see any issue in particular.

Leave a comment:

• Random_Interrupt
    replied
    Any reason you didn't use the existing gift mechanics for these gifts? It seems like they accomplish what you are trying to do.
    Sonar - Ears of the Bat (Black Spiral Dancer Rank 2)
    Turn Back the Wheel - Sidestep Death (Silverfang Rank 4)
    Just wasn't aware of them, there's a LOT of Gifts out there. Thanks for the heads up on those.

Abominate seems powerful for a 4 but I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now thats comparable, I think 1 mutation per success is a lot though.

Perfection seems fine to me, its powerful but it limited to scene so I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Okay, here's a list of the modifications I think I'm going to make;

Replace Sonar with Ears of the Bat, that seems an obvious one.
    Increase Abominate to a Level 5
    Remove Turn Back The Wheel and replace it with Sidestep Death in the former level 4 slot held by Abominate

Also on reflection, I think Perfection should have a secondary effect of temporarily suppressing metis deformities and battle scar penalties. It's not a massive bonus but it's thematically suitable.

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    Any reason you didn't use the existing gift mechanics for these gifts? It seems like they accomplish what you are trying to do.
    Sonar - Ears of the Bat (Black Spiral Dancer Rank 2)
    Turn Back the Wheel - Sidestep Death (Silverfang Rank 4)

Abominate seems powerful for a 4 but I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now thats comparable, I think 1 mutation per success is a lot though.

Perfection seems fine to me, its powerful but it limited to scene so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Leave a comment:

• Random_Interrupt
    replied
    Just putting a few new Gifts for my Snake Eaters tribebook project up for critique as the last round proved really helpful.

First off is a relatively low-level Gift, which was to take the place of Born Angry, which I upped to level 3 on Derzhuzad's advisal;

Sonar (Level Two) - The user of this Gift clicks their tongue or whistles and uses the rebounding sound waves to build up an image of all solid objects around them. By spending 1 Gnosis they are able to see all solid objects and materialised spirits within 10 meters per success on a ‘Perception + Alertness’ roll, even around corners and behind objects. Enclosed structures normally block their contents from the garou’s sight unless they make physical contact with one of its surfaces and knock or tap it, allowing “sight” into the other side up to 5 meters per success. A whale, bat or dolphin spirit teaches this Gift.

Then we're on to a couple of level fours, I'm pretty happy with Abominate but I don't know if Change Minds is kosher;

Change Mind (Level Four) -With this potent hypnotic Gift the Snake Eater can change a person’s beliefs and opinions on a subject by staring into their eyes and telling them what they believe. A Cobra spirit teaches this gift. System: Spend a point of Gnosis and roll ‘Manipulation + Empathy’ vs the victim’s Willpower. The storyteller assigns a difficulty to the roll based on the scale of the change made. This can be as low as 4 to finally settle the Coke vs. Pepsi debate or as high as 9 to change the underpinnings of someone’s personality like a devout religious belief or vociferously-held political stance. The victim may spend Willpower points to cancel out the Snake Eater’s successes but if the Snake Eater wins the opposed roll the newly revised opinion immediately takes root in their mind. The revised opinion can still change over time in response to challenge and evidence like any other but can be hard to budge, especially in a stubborn person - mechanically, the victim will spend Willpower points to defend the revised opinion as if it were their own. Making a person believe something demonstrably false, like the sky is orange or water flows uphill, requires a roll at difficulty 10 and doesn’t tend to last long, but the results are hilarious.

Abominate (Level Four) -One of the Snake Eater’s most disturbing Gifts allows them to expose themselves directly to the pain of Gaia for but a moment, the spiritual agony reverberating through their bodies and triggering an involuntary shapeshift. The resultant shifted form is invariably somehow wrong... but still empowered by Gaia’s own spirit. In addition to its obvious uses, a Snake Eater under the effects of this Gift can easily pass for a Black Spiral Dancer in their crinos form or a fomori in their homid or glabro, for better or worse. A pain-spirit teaches this Gift. System: Spend a point of Rage and make a ‘Stamina + Primal Urge’ roll, using one success per form shifted through as normal for shapechanging. For each excess success the Snake Eater adds one of the following bonuses, in the form of some monstrous physical mutation. Unless otherwise specified the same mutation cannot be selected twice;
    • Increase the damage of claw or bite attacks by +1 or gain the ability to make bite or claw attacks in a form that does not normally have one (massive snaggleteeth and knife-sized claws)
    • Increase soak by +2 (thick, leathery hide, scales or bony plates)
    • Add a point to any one physical Attribute (grotesquely bulging muscles, disturbing multi-jointedness)
    • Decrease the difficulty of Climbing or Swimming rolls by -2 (spider-like claws, webbed hands and feet)
    • Decrease the difficulty of rolls related to one sense by -2 (batlike ears, bloodshot multi-pupiled eyes)
    • Grow extra limbs, as the fomori power (extra arms or tentacles, long prehensile tail)
    Finally the biggies, the level fives;
    Turn Back The Wheel (Level Five) - The Snake Eaters’ totem Ouroboros is a spirit of, amongst other things, time, renewal and hope. In moments that seem the most hopeless, a werewolf with this Gift can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat by reversing time a scant few seconds, allowing them to do over their actions now forewarned. An avatar of Ouroboros teaches this Gift. System: Spend a point of Gnosis after your turn is complete, you may rewind time to the beginning of the turn with all effects that occurred since the start undone. You may then take your turn over again and may choose to take different actions. At a cost of two Gnosis points you may confer this benefit to another player. This Gift may not be used more than once per round.

Perfection (Level Five) - The Perfect Metis himself granted this Gift to the Snake Eaters, with it the user can briefly bring their entire being into perfect triatic alignment, becoming a being of spiritual and physical purity as life was intended to be without the diminishment of the Wyld, the madness of the Weaver or the corruption of the Wyrm. The Garou assumes an idealised version of their crinos form, their fur markings razor-sharp and brightly coloured, their countenance wise and noble rather than terrifying, moving with impossible grace as if the world posed them no obstacle. No spirit teaches this Gift, it can only be learned from another Snake Eater who has it. System: Spend 1 each of Gnosis, Rage and Willpower, this is an exception to the normal rules regarding spending Rage and Gnosis in the same turn. You immediately shift to crinos and for the rest of the scene, or until you leave crinos form, all your actions gain 1 automatic success.

Leave a comment:

• Vidyaraja
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight View Post

But what about a garou with pure breed that has done the spiral tango? Does that wipe out the pure breed?
    Word in W20 is that Pure Breed is a mysticla trait inherited from generations after generations supporting the same Tribe. W20 core mentions that if you renounce your Tribe, either by taking your Rite of Passage with a different Tribe than the one you get your blood from or later in life by way of the Rite of Renunciation, your PB goes bye bye. So it's no0t that dancign the Black Spiral makes you lose it; anyway you shift your allegiance makes you lose it.

W20 core, page 138. Actually the book misses a reference for what happens when you renunciate your Tribe as an adult (it also misses a Rite for that - as written the Rite of Renunciation works only for Auspice) but it's safe to assume that if your totem can strip Pure Breed from you even before you join its Tribe then it can do the same for a turncoat.

Leave a comment:

• Ana Mizuki
    replied
    Then again, maybe purebreed mimicry isn't a good thing. After all, a BSD who wants to convince someone to fall has to be subtle. Purebreed will always put you on the spot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X