X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derzhuzad
    started a topic Your (New/Revamped) Tribes

Your (New/Revamped) Tribes

So I have this thing I do when I get bored sometimes. I do workups for non-canon tribes that I sometimes work into my games and sometimes they just sit in a binder waiting for me to find a use for them. Sometimes I will take tribe genesis concepts from canon and just build on them like the Hollow Walkers or the White Howlers that are amassing in is the Dark Umbra. Other times I will take a concept like merging camps from multiple tribes under a common Totem; Like the Man Eaters, Eaters of the Dead, and (Various Red Talons) under a totem that doesn't mind their cannibalistic ways.

My question is, does anyone else have any non-canon tribe they have come up with that they have worked into any of their games? or maybe had an existing tribe fall to a trait? (Glasswalkers are due for a new incarnation, maybe its one under the thrall of the Weaver)

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    Originally posted by Threadwrought View Post
    I think it might be worth mentioning that Shattered Dreams touches a little bit on early tribes. Not -much-, but it does mention names of early proto-tribes that may have split into the modern ones.
    I actually used that information when developing one of my subtribes.

Leave a comment:

• Threadwrought
    replied
    I think it might be worth mentioning that Shattered Dreams touches a little bit on early tribes. Not -much-, but it does mention names of early proto-tribes that may have split into the modern ones.

Leave a comment:

• The young man in the cafe
    replied
    I posted this in a different thread already but here it is.

one of my house retcons I have waiting for the new edition is that after the perfect metis was born, the metis that were born during and after the 90s weren't sterile, and a group of them have formed their own tribe that only accepts members that are either metis or born to metis parents. They're developing a stable of kinfolk among the neurodiversity and disability communities and earned the grudging respect of the other tribes when they dealt a major blow to the wyrm when they managed to get evidence that O'Tolley's was using fake "clean" slaughterhouses to trick the public while the real ones were places of horror into the hands of none other than Temple motherfucking Grandin right before she was set to be part of a Nightly show panel. The result was not only that O'tolleys got smacked with a bunch of lawsuits, but also that Pentax has become a household name known for shady business (thanks to the shows of the various daily show alumni focusing so much on them), though most people still don't know about the spiritual corruption.

Said as yet unnamed tribe is part of the Concordat of Stars, partly because they understand the potential of human tech to mitigate disability and partly because is no fucking way a tribe of disability rights focused metis would ever be part of the same faction as the Fianna.

I want their gifts to based around taking away and nullifying things their enemies rely on, particularly support networks (disabled people certainly understand the value of a support network).

Their strategies for fighting the wyrm are odd, but would make perfect sense to other garou if the tribe could only figure out how to explain them to the other. However, once the rest of the garou see the results, it all becomes clear.

Their totem is the spirit of the first metis herself, who was eventually killed by first teams sent after her after she stole a large amount of wyrm tainted sugar from Pentax subsidiary Fruitas LTD (Pentax's answer to United Fruit), and then used said sugar to gum up pipelines at various Endron facilities. After her death, she ascended to become the totem of the tribe and that is what I have so far.

Leave a comment:

• Yaoi Huntress Earth
    replied
    Years ago (about 10 of them) I played with the idea of a tribe that took a sort of Judeo-Christian view to Garou spirituality. Kind of like the Garou answer to paladins and inquisitors who are guided by a fierce love for Gaia that makes them heartfelt yet vicious enough to tear off a Vampire's head in the name of the "glorious burden" they've accepted.

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    Added a new section for Camps and 2 new totems (Bull and Bat). Seeing as they didn't bring the Children of Bat into W20 I figured this was the perfect tribe to make peace with him.

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    Originally posted by Random_Interrupt View Post
    Cool, some kind of flaming torch would make a neat tribal fetish. Maybe with an effect like burning away wyrm corruption with its light, banishing banes or rousing Rage in allies.
    I hadn't thought of fetish/talon items yet lol. The other tribe I have been working on is just a Gifts and Rites list even though I have them all worked out in my head. This is probably the most fleshed out product i have had in a while.

Leave a comment:

• Random_Interrupt
    replied
    Cool, some kind of flaming torch would make a neat tribal fetish. Maybe with an effect like burning away wyrm corruption with its light, banishing banes or rousing Rage in allies.

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    Originally posted by Random_Interrupt View Post
    Their tribal glyph translates to something along the lines of "Fire Friends" or "Fiery Allies", so I wonder if they should have some Gifts related to fire? Sort of witch-burning redemptionist type stuff. Master of Fire and Kiss of Helios are obvious ones, but maybe also some variation of the White Howler's "White Fire" Gift as a level 5?

The Domini Canis is a real order in the church. St. Dominic's mother had a vision of a dog carrying a fiery torch to set fire upon the world before his birth. I drew from that for their glyph, as their purpose is to spread across Gaia and purify the taint.

I do need to update the gifts though because the original list in the write up is not my working set. I will be pulling a few gifts from the Grondr that are more 'purifier' like gifts.

EDIT: I have made some changes to the gifts.
    Last edited by Derzhuzad; 11-13-2015, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Random_Interrupt
    replied
    Their tribal glyph translates to something along the lines of "Fire Friends" or "Fiery Allies", so I wonder if they should have some Gifts related to fire? Sort of witch-burning redemptionist type stuff. Master of Fire and Kiss of Helios are obvious ones, but maybe also some variation of the White Howler's "White Fire" Gift as a level 5?

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post

Oh, the glyph is neat ^^

The totem is interesting, where'd you dug it up?

I made it, kind of. More like I translated it from history into the game. Aion/Chronos/Father Time/Death are all considered one of the ancient Gods, often confused with the Titan Kronos. This was before I read shattered dreams, so I am glad they went with Kronos otherwise I was completely out of ideas for this tribe. Eternity seemed like the only thing bigger then Gaia

Leave a comment:

• Ana Mizuki
    replied
    Originally posted by Derzhuzad View Post

What did you think of totem?

Your concept, I don't want to deviate to far from it.

I have added back their older history and I have also given them a Glyph.

Hope you like.
    Oh, the glyph is neat ^^

The totem is interesting, where'd you dug it up?

Originally posted by Derzhuzad View Post

Did you not like the translation from the Translation guide?
    I actually did, I literally took the totems and beginning gifts from there. I just wrote them as if they used to -be- the uratha tribes before.

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    I dunno if I've posted these yet, but here are some Uratha tribes translated to Apocalypse setting, if the two worlds merged;
    Did you not like the translation from the Translation guide?

Leave a comment:

• Ana Mizuki
    replied
    I dunno if I've posted these yet, but here are some Uratha tribes translated to Apocalypse setting, if the two worlds merged;

Blood Talons.
    Unlike the Nation, Tribes of the Moon were never exactly geared for war in a global sense. So it is no wonder that their tribe of War is less extreme. The Blood Talons stand amongs the tribes of War as the soldiers of the Nation, seeking Glory in much simpler and down-to-Earth ways than their fellow tribes. Let the Get have their glorious Valhalla, Furies their causes and the Fianna their passion. Blood Talons care only for the fitness of a warrior. Not unlike the Fenrir, however, is their way of constantly testing one another. But their motives are entirely different. The Blood Talons want the job -done-, and as such it isn't at all unsual for the tribe of Bear to sacrifice themselves for even a Phyrric victory.

The tribe in general has trouble accepting defeat,owing to their old tribal oath; "Offer no surrender that you would not accept". And with a great foe like the Wyrm against them, the Blood Talons find little reason to surrender.
    Totem: Bear. Bear is a patient totem, saddened by his loss of children, but glad his guardianship is again requested.
    Appearance: As career warriors, the Blood Talons favour simplicity in everything. As with all tribes of the moon, the tribe lacks pure breed entirely, and as such cubs from other tribes often show their breeding quiter clearly. Blood Talons are wiry and strong in lupus, with scars or scarified glyphs on their body. The tribe has taken a special kind of interest in the Rite of Wounding.
    Willpower: 4
    Starting Gifts: Camouflage, Razor Claws, and Resist Pain.

Quote: "Yeah yeah, keep babblin' 'bout your ancestors. I'll the there, my blade in the gut of the foe"

Bone Shadows.
    The mystics of the Tribes of the Moon, the Bone Shadows would have fit in the best among the Tribes to the Nation. Unfortunately, with the lack of ancient lines and pacts with spirits, and their assosication with death willingly, the Shadows often teeter between Pariah and Mystic tribes. Bone Shadows, much like the Uktena, dig deep into the Umbra to find answers. However, they do it for the sake of Wisdom alone. With little reason to care about breeding and lines, and with pacts to spirits all ready in place, the Shadows are giddily digging up secrets they once were unable to access.

Of course, their digging has caused troubles with other tribes. That and their former oath; "Pay each spirit in kind." The Shadows have little reason to treat an uncoperative spirit well, no matter what brood it belongs to.
    Totem: Crow. Once a proud member of Grandfather Thunder's brood, Crow found the Bone Shadows a great tribe to watch over.
    Appearance: Bone Shadows in their wolf form are thin things, often adorned with all kind of trinkets from whoknows where. Their furs tend to be pale from the constant assiocation with death.
    Willpower: 3
    Starting Gifts: Sense Wyrm, Sense Magic, and Silence.

Quote: "Little Bane, you are a spirit as any other, and you have been disturbing my pack. Time to pay"

Iron Masters.

Most of the Nation tribes see the Glass Walkers as an abomination, garou who give themselves willingly for Weaver to corrupt. So when the Iron Masters came around, the Nation expected the strange new tribe to be an exact copy of the Walkers. However, where the Walkers live in cities because they have always guarded humanity, the Iron Masters only seek to do things in new ways. The tribe is in some ways better and far worse than Walkers could ever be, Iron Masters are not only interested in the cities, yet they respect no tradition other than guarding their territory. An Iron Master will experiment how far they can go modifying rites, how bizarre fetishes can they make and there are even rumors of groups of Iron Masters who seek to understand what truly makes the metis metis.
    Yet, the tribe is known to be insanely territorial, a fact that makes their otherwise lax morals seem bizarre. The poor souls that arrive to Iron Master ground unnannounced tend to end up beaten to a bloody pulp.
    Totem: Fox, the clever red coated hunter gives the Iron Masters their cunning and guile.
    Appearance: Iron Masters are a varied group, they are rural shamans, businessmen or honor bound warriors. Yet all work to break the status quo. Iron Masters in the wolf forms are often highly stylized, yet they lack the Walker doggishness almost entirely. Tattoos that show on fur are common.
    Willpower: 4
    Starting Gifts:
    Quote: "Do you like it? It's a eagle and rat spirit whip. What, why's that wrong?"

Leave a comment:

• Derzhuzad
    replied
    Well, it is a factor in the setting.
    Honestly, you've done good work with it, no need to ask for my opinion 'bout it.
    What did you think of totem?

Your concept, I don't want to deviate to far from it.

I have added back their older history and I have also given them a Glyph.

Hope you like.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X