Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Returned Grondr Meet Skullpigs, what happens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returned Grondr Meet Skullpigs, what happens?

it mentions them in the changing breeds book, but what happens when Skullpigs meet returned Grondr?

Do they grow ever more enraged, or do they feel a bizzare Kinship, like in "Wicked little things"

• Illithid
    replied
    Regardless of their history, Treat Skull Pigs as a Wyrm creature, not as a Grondir that's fallen to the Wyrm, the write up for them says that the corruption was so long ago that it's stable.

If you want to spice them up, then giving them sorcery on top of the Gifts they get for Eating strong minions.
    If you give them Spirit Speech instead of the normal BSD gift, then using Rites and Rituals would make sense as well, especially since they can "mimic" voices.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    I would more rely off of Fomori like Powers/mutations for them instead, and I believe they recommended Sorcery. But any gift that involves eating. Maybe an armored hide, or a variant of Razor Claws but for their tusks.

But without Ranks their Gifts are probably internal powers they develop since they are more inhuman and less mortal then their Fera origins.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Fair enough

Thoughts on gifts.???

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    I don't think Skull pigs have a remotely human mind frame. For humans, and many other animals, you age form a family and try to be happy and you can have personalities. But Skull Pigs seem more akin to spirits in their inhuman nature. I don't think they would go, oh look another piggy your okay we won't harm you. I'll bet Skull Pigs kill other Skull Pigs so I don't think Grondr are safe.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    In my game Im running A camazotaz (First one born in ages) is About to try Scouting out some Skullpigs location

Oh think the Skullpigs would see the kinship between themselves and a Returned Grondr and refused to harm them? or be even more Enraged?

ideas on good BSD Gifts for a Skullpig?

Sense Wyrms practically useless.

Bane Protector Makes up for the Fact they cant learn rites.

Shadows of the Impergium if they want to carry their Mayhem into the city. and their would be few who could stand up to them.

Ways of the Urban Wolf. would also help them in the city obviously
    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 06-10-2019, 12:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    warwolves have the silver bane. and were NEVER true shifters.

Yes but Skull Pigs are just vaguely pig shaped monstrosities that we know originated as Grondr but are no longer shapeshifters or humans or pigs. They just have that Boar Monster Motiff

Warwolves meanwhile specifically point out the silver thing. I'm fine with it either way, I'm just saying if it doesn't say they are weak to silver then I would just not assume they are.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    warwolves have the silver bane. and were NEVER true shifters.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    I don't think Silver is their bane anymore, they are no longer Grondr, and they would have mentioned it if its still a bane I think. But it sounds fine to keep it for flavor if you want. But they severed their Luna connection ages ago.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    I know all that now. Any ideas on my lattest question if silver works?

because usualy it only works if the persons shapeshifted, they cant shapeshift

but usualy regeneration ALSO only works if you've shapeshifted.

it works for them?

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    Umm Well last time Grondr were around we probably still had a few mammoths in the world, so a lot would be changed. But honestly, they would likely view them as an abomination. It would be probably comparable to Garou becoming extinct and reviving in the future and finding out that literal Abominations (Garou Cainites) were all that remained of their legacy.

Remember Skull Pigs aren't even Fera anymore, they are more like Spirits or Fomori.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    fair enough One other thing?

Skullpigs cant Shapeshift but CAN regenerate

given that think they should be damaged by Silver.?

Leave a comment:

• nikink
    replied
    Pretty much a certainty, I'd say.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Hmmmn interesting

Sorry to bump a years old thread but a similar thing just occurred to me

how would returned Camazotz and blood bats view each other?

with total hostility too?

Leave a comment:

• The Laughing Stranger
    replied
    If the Anurana's territory is getting purged by the Grondr, I think the most likely thing to happen would be that the bane created by the ritual would seek out the false-shifters. The Anurana are not closely tied to the spirit world, but a crafty bane made from the same foulness the Anurana might have some sympathy for the deep-one expies. The fact that the Anurana are unwelcome among the spirits might mean this newborn bane could become their patron; besides, both parties have vested interest in removing the Grondr and re-asserting the Wyrm's presence over the lake.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X