Awws what a lovely Human, lets keep it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awws what a lovely Human, lets keep it

Im very fascinated about how garou society and kinfolks work. im still gathering info on WtA and learning more and more.
    my questions here are involving the following issues
    can a normal human (average joe) become a kinfolk? how is the process? can a Children be adopted by garous and be turned into a kinfolk?

and what would garou's think about adopting a human?, situation: werewolves fight fomoris, civs in the cross fire. the battle ends and they find a little girl shouting for her mommy as one of the fomori's -agonizing- is noming on her mother's body, allowing her a few moments of life to say goodbye to her daughter before dying. the garous kill the beast and save the girl, now she is traumatized and she seen them in Crinos form (delirium as usual) but they know that pentex has its claws everywhere and they cant leave her at an orphanage or let it become an "stadistic in the system." nor they coudnt find any relatives of the girl who could take care of her

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Not unless you're using rites from the CoG Revised tribebook, but that also includes a rite that involves having sex in Crinos and another that's encouraged to be something that can insta-cleanse BSDs of taint, so it is... suspect.

Comment

No to there first paragraph. Being kinfolk is hereditary, and breeds out over a few generations.

For the second part, I'm sure it has to have happened over the course of history. The best thing that can be done (to take care of her) for example-girl is to be adopted out to a kinfolk family. Garou make terrible parents. The Curse is only part of it, and that won't every really be overcome. She would be better off with a normal human family though. But if that isn't an option and the Garou want her taken care of for whatever reason, kinfolk are the way to go. If she stays within the community, her children will likely end up kinfolk and she will be contributing to Garou society that way.

Comment

what about long exposure to Crinos? would that eventually help her "Not to go into Delirium" ? or thats impossible

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
        ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
        Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
        Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Well, that would be buying up Willpower to 7+. If the human does not go insane, I imagine that repeated exposure to Crinos would justify increasing Willpower, though it is probably easier just to select a human who is already strong-willed (around 14% have Willpower 7+ if I remember correctly). I would say, however, that I would be open to the idea of a human woman who bears a Garou/Kinfolk child becoming Kinfolk during her pregnancy, because of the Gaian forces flowing through her during her pregnancy, though there is nothing in canon to suggest such a transformation.

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
            what about long exposure to Crinos? would that eventually help her "Not to go into Delirium" ? or thats impossible
            That could justify her buying up Occult, so that she could roll Wits + Occult to move up on her effective Willpower rating.

Comment

Either way, I think repeatedly exposing a little girl to Delirium's effect would probably cause a lot more issues than it would solve. And while Garou are far from humane, that is straight psychological torture.
              The chances of getting a contributing member of society out of that aren't great. Better to remove the girl from being directly involved with Garou if you are taking the angle of caring for her well being.
              Alternatively there is a higher rank (Homid?) Gift that immunizes someone to Delirium, though I don't remember for how long. You can probably go on a quest for some sort of spirit intervention to help prolong it if you really felt it necessary. But all this strikes me as a bit overboard fort the initial premise.

Comment

Hm, what about the idea of a woman who bears Kinfolk/Garou children being transformed into Kinfolk by the Gaian energies flowing through her during her pregnancy? While there is nothing to support that rule in canon, I doubt that it would majorly effect the game, though it would make it marginally easy to adopt a woman into the Kinfolk (just knock her up).

Comment

Originally posted by idpersona View Post
                  No to there first paragraph. Being kinfolk is hereditary, and breeds out over a few generations.

For the second part, I'm sure it has to have happened over the course of history. The best thing that can be done (to take care of her) for example-girl is to be adopted out to a kinfolk family. Garou make terrible parents. The Curse is only part of it, and that won't every really be overcome. She would be better off with a normal human family though. But if that isn't an option and the Garou want her taken care of for whatever reason, kinfolk are the way to go. If she stays within the community, her children will likely end up kinfolk and she will be contributing to Garou society that way.
                  Yeah, this happens like one session out of three in a Werewolf LARP. Leaving orphans alone to the predations of the Wyrm is easily read as violating several tents of the Litany.

Comment

One of the hardest things for Werewolf players to deal with are the mortal family members of fomori and/or the Kinfolk of Black Spiral Dancers. I generally think that the Kinfolk of the Children of Gaia in Canada and the USA take care of those unfortunates and allow them to interbreed if they are not Tainted. Of course, there is a question of what happens when COG Kinfolk breed with BSD Kinfolk.

Comment

the Kinfolk unsung heroes book says that some people have BECOME kinfolk, through interaction with garou society, its not a common occurence but is noteworthy.

Comment

I had forgotten about that. How long do you think it would take to become one of the Kinfolk?

Comment

Id like to see a system in the W20 kinfolk book.

another thing? Id like for the Garou to have a rite to at the very least , ensure reincarnation for worthy humans, amongst kin bloodlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                            the Kinfolk unsung heroes book says that some people have BECOME kinfolk, through interaction with garou society, its not a common occurence but is noteworthy.
                            Do you have a page reference ?

There is the "Rending the Veil" Punishment Rite that doesn't necessarily end the Delirium, but any human so punished will not forget (and possibly go crazy). That the sheer idea of finding a human scumbag, performing the Rite and reveal the fact that werewolves exist to terrorize him kind of goes against the Litany is one of the aspects of the game, never really explained.

The Children of Gaia Rite, that is the friendlier version of the Punishment Rite is not only in the revised TB, but was in the 1st Edition TB, too. In addition to the no delirium, the target really becomes kinfolk, adding one vital characteristic. According to the Curse rules, kinfolk is less affected by the curse than humans. This is the whole reason they can work together and have long relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by heinrich View Post
                              Do you have a page reference ?

There is the "Rending the Veil" Punishment Rite that doesn't necessarily end the Delirium, but any human so punished will not forget (and possibly go crazy). That the sheer idea of finding a human scumbag, performing the Rite and reveal the fact that werewolves exist to terrorize him kind of goes against the Litany is one of the aspects of the game, never really explained.

The Children of Gaia Rite, that is the friendlier version of the Punishment Rite is not only in the revised TB, but was in the 1st Edition TB, too. In addition to the no delirium, the target really becomes kinfolk, adding one vital characteristic. According to the Curse rules, kinfolk is less affected by the curse than humans. This is the whole reason they can work together and have long relationships.

Page 28 Kinfolk Unsung heroes Professor Warners commentary.

Comment

Working...
                              X