Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my vampire chronicle

Hello!
    I know I'm posting in the wraith forum, I know.

For meta plot reasons, the souls of the vampires of my chronicle are going to be detached from their bodies and sent to the deepest hole in the lower umbra (land of the death).

We're in 2005 and the Gehenna is happening, several antediluvian have awaken, the masquerade is broken, the vampire sects have collapsed. Millions of humans are dying.

How should the umbra look like in this scenario? I've read stuff about storms and Maelstrom in the vampire books, but I'm not familiar enough with wraith picture that in my mind.

Where is that deepest hole in the land of the dead? Where can i read about it? It would be great if it's a place detached from the regular time flux (like the flux realm of werewolf).

Should their humanity level affect them in any way while in the land of the dead? Same question if they committed diablerie?

Any suggestion for the adventure of the characters to come back to their bodies? Each one will play individual adventures.

Any other advice is welcome.

Thanks

Have you read V20 Black Hand ( the actual name of the book is eluding me and I am at work so I don't have the book handy). The book talks bout a group of Kindred that reside in the Lower Umbra in the Underworl version of Enoch the First City. It might provide info that will be useful for you

Comment

Yes. I read about the Tal-ma-ha-ra (or however it's spelled) 15 years ago.
      It was an important part of the plot of another chronicle I played with the same players, so I prefer keep it low profile fit this chronicle.
      I would prefer a more wraith-cannon approach for this chronicle.

Comment

It's the Labyrinth. That's the deepest hole in the Lower Umbra. It's a dank maze with gooey plasmics and nasty hivemind specters. With a big pit of nothing in middle. Surrounded by the sleeping forms of the Neverborn.

Comment

One way a character could back to there body is a Silent Strider Garou. The character could ally or just follow the Garou back to the Shadowland and re enter their corpse.
          Also Wan Kuei are known to visit the Lower Umbra. One could be lost and need help getting back to the Shadowlands, and in exchange could the Player to get back in their body

Comment

Originally posted by erSito View Post
            Hello!
            I know I'm posting in the wraith forum, I know.

For meta plot reasons, the souls of the vampires of my chronicle are going to be detached from their bodies and sent to the deepest hole in the lower umbra (land of the death).

We're in 2005 and the Gehenna is happening, several antediluvian have awaken, the masquerade is broken, the vampire sects have collapsed. Millions of humans are dying.

How should the umbra look like in this scenario? I've read stuff about storms and Maelstrom in the vampire books, but I'm not familiar enough with wraith picture that in my mind.
            In this setting... let's see...
            Outside the cities:
            only wreched ground, here and there may be shacks where lone survivors or little groups try to pass the night (I always viewed the daily cycle in the Underworld, as "night" and "plumbing-gray day") and then move as soon as the darkness leave, trying to reach every sort of settlement. On the ground sometimes lie human forms still wrapped in the Cauls , but they don't last long, as Specters fall on them, rending them apart and then dragging them in the very heart of the Tempest (if you did see "Ghost", the '90 movie, you know what I mean). Little Maelstroms roam the area, these winds tear apart the very soul of every unfortunate being they struck, and most of the less resilient havens. Specters are abundant.
            In cities:
            the buildings are a shady, twisted version of their material self (if you played Soul Reaver, the difference between material and spiritual world is a good strarting point), probably the outer areas of a Necropolis have been fenced to at least mantain outside SOME specters (when the Maelstrom strike, specters are lifted by it and then fall/glide on the ground). Armed civilians or what remains of the armored legionaries keep watch at these "gates", but when the Maelstrom strike, they quickly retreat to an Haunt or if present a Citadel. Here they try to rexist the hords of specters (as a note, as they are the ones more heavily armed, they probably will leave out of the door the unwanted people). When there's no Maelstrom on sights, while the city is still safer than outside, not much souls wander around, and when they do, they do in groups or large groups, armed with whatever they can find.

Where is that deepest hole in the land of the dead? Where can i read about it? It would be great if it's a place detached from the regular time flux (like the flux realm of werewolf).
            Labyrinth: a sort of chaotic maze "digged" in some sort of not-inert rock, sometime shape-changing, where the strongest and most-sentient Specters make their home. At it's core are the Neverborns: alien entities that were never humans to begin and that "survive" consuming souls (oversemplification, truthly they don't need to eat or anything);
            there are also the Onceborns: Specters that climbed the wall of the specter-ish power and ascended the level of the deity among their kind (mostrly, literally consuming wraiths and other specters), for a comparison, the strongest Onceborn could maybe beat the weakest Neverborn, but is probably too afraid to try.
            And there're a whole lot of strains of specters.

You can read about it in Doomslayers: Into the Labyrinth

Should their humanity level affect them in any way while in the land of the dead? Same question if they committed diablerie?
            Well... probably a vampire with high Humanity (6+) would resemble his "living" appearance, while one with low Humanity would resemble a gaunthish undead version of himself (obviously the soul of a vampire surgered with Vicissitude would still have its former aspects). Maybe a vampire on a Path of Enlightenment with an high level, would resemble the ideal of his path (for example, on the path of the Beast, the vampire would become somewhat animalistic, while on the Road of Chivalry would develop some knight-like traslucent armor, that while not giving him any combat benefit would make him look more imposing).
            As another note, a Diablerist would probably have some repulsive feature, like part of the face of his victim on the forearm, or a second mouth on his nape, wailing at the worst possible moment, or if the Diablerie didn't go really well (let's say, part of the soul of the victim is still "intact" inside the Diablerist) even a seconday head or arm doing whatever they want. You may need an extra player to do this rightly.

Any suggestion for the adventure of the characters to come back to their bodies? Each one will play individual adventures.

Any other advice is welcome.

Thanks
            Given the fact that probably they should just need to "walk in" their bodies (like Auspex 5), the problem is getting their souls out of the Shadowlands

1. Easy way: They find a wraith willing to open "the wall between realities" and send them back in the living world (whence they should go finding where the hell are their bodies.
            2. Less easier way: They find one of the rapidly closing gap between the living world ad dead one (you know, when they speak about an "hunted house", there), probably in some problematic place (specters resting place, maybe?)
            3. The "What are you doing you here" way: A Giovanni or some other necromancers is in the Underworld doing his things and take them back in the material world (the Ash Path, lv.4-5)
            3b. The "I can do it!" way: one of the character has the requested Ash Path powers, so he can open a door and go back where he needs.
            4. The "Old Acquaintance" way: Finding some being from reality (Garou, Mage) willing to bring them back to the material world using powers they don't know about (or following him, but it would be probably more difficult).
            5. The "Ghost I am, thus Ghost I shall become" way: based on the concept of "Disconnection" and launching yourself in a whole crossover, the souls of the characters (that are already undead) start to shift and become fully Wraith, so after some adventures there hopefully one of them will get ahold of a power to breach in the material world.... and then search for their undead bodies, hoping they can return to be not dysfunctional vampires

====================================
            "Worst English-language User" 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 running for the 2017
            [Unofficial Clanbook] Nagaraja: the Masquerade

Comment

Thank you very much everyone. And a huge thank you to Ryoga84

Comment

the pleasure was mine

and sorry for the typos

====================================
                "Worst English-language User" 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 running for the 2017
                [Unofficial Clanbook] Nagaraja: the Masquerade

Comment

Working...
                X