Hell Money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell Money

I am running a KotE chronicle, I own Dark Kindom of Jade. Sadly I do not own WtO. My knowledge of China ( I believe that's where the concept comes from lol) is limited. But I am Wonderi,g bout Hell Money and how it would be beneficial/desired in the Dark Kindom of Jade. Since White Jade is the currency there,what would a Wraith do with Hell Money? And for that fact, is Hell Money a real concept? I remember seeing it somewhere before...movie...tv...somewhere lol.

Hell money is a real thing.

Comment

And what value would it have in the Wraith's Underworld since White Jade is the currency used?

Comment

I don't know. It seems that Dark Kingdom of Jade would address that.

Comment

The act of burning it would definitely be Memorium with juicy Pathos (Filial Piety).

Since it's Pathos-infused, it could definitely end up as a Relic, and, since, by it's purpose it's intended to function as currency in Hell, it would would be just as good as any other specie that everyone agrees has worth, so it does. If everyone agrees that X amount of White Jade is worth $1 trillion Hell Money (the denominations on Hell Money are REALLY high), then it is. Kinda like the gold or silver standard.

Comment

Dark Kingdom of Jade discusses this on pp. 107-108. Hell notes, as a burned sacrifice, give a wraith Pathos, with one bundle of Hell notes - regardless of denomination - translating into one Pathos. If the wraith is present at the sacrifice, they may accept it as pure Pathos, without it manifesting in its original form. If not, then it will appear in its original form before the wraith no matter where she is in the Underworld, requiring the Way of the Merchant Arcanos to turn it into Pathos.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
              The act of burning it would definitely be Memorium with juicy Pathos (Filial Piety).

Since it's Pathos-infused, it could definitely end up as a Relic, and, since, by it's purpose it's intended to function as currency in Hell, it would would be just as good as any other specie that everyone agrees has worth, so it does. If everyone agrees that X amount of White Jade is worth $1 trillion Hell Money (the denominations on Hell Money are REALLY high), then it is. Kinda like the gold or silver standard.
              This is an interesting concept I honestly had never considered using in a Wraith game.

I can definitely see some of the eastern Kindred necromancers using Hell Money with wraithly associates, too.

"The Silver Ladder; because every kid deserves a real Pokemon." - Kleptomania

Comment

I will admit that I have only skimmed over Dark Kingdom. And seems I missed that on page 107. I have already thought bout Wan Kuei using Hell Money when dealing with "Yin Spirits", which brought me here. Now that I know the worth of Hell Money for Wraith I am going to have it in my KotE game more often. Thanx for clearing this up for me

Comment

As Ajax said, burning Hell Money provides Memorium. That would be the best game mechanic application.

Comment

I believe Dark Kingdom of Jade also had something on the crafts level of effigy items burned in memorium adding to the pathos level. So someone takes the time to craft out a stack of hand drawn crafts 5 hell notes that's 5 pathos..

Comment

Working...
                    X