Regaining Fetters possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regaining Fetters possible?

Can a wraith with no fetters left, regain them? He still has whatever training he has in Arcanoi,

and I for one, think it would be a fun story to tell.

I did definitely read something regarding this matter...
    but I don't remember which book
    probably the Wraith Player Guide, Buried Secrets, or the Shadow Player Guide

====================================
    "Worst English language User" 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 running for the 2015
    [Unofficial Clanbook] Nagaraja: the Masquerade

Comment

Mechanically, Lifeweb can make a permanent Fetter of a living person's soul. It can also reattach Fetters that were severed by Lifeweb, but not those eroded by harrowings, damage, or neglect. I think there are optional rules for gaining Fetters by finding something in the Skinlands you care intensely about. This is supposed to be very rare and involves spending a lot of time around the thing in question. Hard to do if you don't have any Fetters. Likely impossible if the only reason you are hanging around something is to make it a Fetter.

Thematically, this is a tricky issue. Wraith isn't big on regaining things once you've lost them. Oblivion pulls constantly and your main choices are lose to it quickly or lose to it slowly. Pushing against the tide outright rarely works out in the end. Your best outcome is to part with things on your own terms. Gaining a new Fetter should be wonderful and meaningful, but also tragic. Like finding a piece of driftwood when you are drowning in the ocean: miraculous, but also futile.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

something tells me their probaly going to soften the rules on losing corpus a little in anniversary edition, as its something enough people complained about.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
          something tells me their probaly going to soften the rules on losing corpus a little in anniversary edition, as its something enough people complained about.
          From the excerpts we've seen, it doesn't seem there is a way to regain lost corpus. Arcanoi and spectral devouring are two ways you might regain corpus, but I don't think there are systems for either option. Artifacts also allow you to boost your corpus past 10.

Comment

Working...
          X