Borders of Stygia and published Necropoleis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borders of Stygia and published Necropoleis

Wanting to start a game of Wraith, I have looked for locations beyond Stygia or the Tempest to play while still remaining in the perimeters of the Dark Kingdom of Iron. My questions are:

How far does Stygia stretch? The American and European Shadowlands are under its control, as are parts of Africa and the Levante. What are its borders? Is the former Soviet Union part of Stygia or partly annexed by the Dark Kingdom of Jade?

How many Necropoleis have been described in-print? I know that there is a single book about Atlanta, and London is mentioned in the Core book, but what others exist? How large or history-charged has a city to be before it spawns a Necropolis?

Many thanks in advance.

There are at least 100 named Necropoli. My files have around 160 but there are duplicates I haven't pruned yet.

Comment

Russia is Stygian, I think.
      Last edited by adambeyoncelowe; 12-31-2016, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Well, there is a lot of flexibility. The Dark Kingdom of Iron followed the European conquerors, so its legions followed the Russian soldiers as they enslaved and murdered the native peoples of the Urals, Siberia, and Far East Russia. It wanted the Russians to succeed (much like they wanted the Europeans to succeed in the Americas), so they enslaved and destroyed the native Wraiths of those regions whenever they could. I would imagine, however, that it started to enter into conflicts with the Dark Kingdom of Jade when they entered into Siberia and Far East Russia.

One complication for the Dark Kingdom of Iron is the Dark Kingdom of Wire. While their territories are ostensibly part of the Dark Kingdom of Iron, they are effectively independent of the authority of the Dark Kingdom of Iron. That means that the Dark Kingdom of Iron only controls Eastern Europe on paper, so to speak. In addition, the Dark Kingdom of Ivory probably challenges the dominance of the Dark Kingdom of Iron over the territories of North Africa.

While there is not much published on the Wraiths of the Indian subcontinent (beyond a small amount on Swar, their capital), they are organized and powerful enough to have resisted conquest by the Dark Kingdom of Iron and the Dark Kingdom of Jade. I imagine that they control the entire territory traditionally associated with South Asia and contest the Dark Kingdom of Jade in Southeast Asia and the Dark Kingdom of Iron in Southwest Asia. I imagine that they are allied with the Renegades against the Dark Kingdom of Iron and are allied with the rebels of the Conquered Territories against the Dark Kingdom of Jade.

I am curious if anything have been written on the territories of Western Asia? I would imagine that Western Asia, as it is the center of two major religions (Christianity and Islam) would be a focal point of massive conflict (or, paradoxically, would be a tolerate and enlightened Kingdom that is forced to play off the Dark Kingdom of Iron, the Dark Kingdom of Adamant (my name for the Indian Dark Kingdom), and the Dark Kingdom of Ivory. I would call it the Dark Kingdom of Incense.

Comment

Officially, the Middle East is part of the Dark Kingdom of Iron with the Dark Kingdom of Sand adjacent (for the values of "adjacent" of there/not-there of not being the "echo" of modern, mundane Egypt, which is Dark Kingdom Iron, but "sideways" in the Tempest).

There is room for, perhaps a Mesopotamian underworld remnant and the same for the Canaanite, Persian, etc. like the Dark Kingdoms of Sand, Flint, Obsidian, Gold, Clay etc. Or they might be some of the oldest Far Shores. Or both. Or neither.

Not sure about "Incense". That's not something that really characterizes the Underworlds of the various cultures of the region, or at least anymore than any/everywhere else they're using incense and while certain types of incense are found nearby, there are other characteristic trade goods that are just as significant.

Comment

Working...
          X