Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aokigahara in Wraith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aokigahara in Wraith

    So. i been curious about how would the Suicide Forest work in the Wraith context. i personally see it as a Spectre Capital but i would like you thoughts


    Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

  • #2
    Originally posted by Crowley View Post
    So. i been curious about how would the Suicide Forest work in the Wraith context. i personally see it as a Spectre Capital but i would like you thoughts
    It's right by a caern (The Cherry Phoenix Court of Mt. Fuji), so I doubt that a presence that overt would be tolerated by the ghost-savvy members of the Beast Courts or by the invading forces of Yu Huang, who likely scour the place for new ghosts while resistance fighters try to find them first; there are also frequent Buddhist-led efforts to find and remove dead bodies for proper burial, so that would also cut down on a potential spectre presence. I think it'll be covered in Wr20... unlike WoD: Tokyo. That book had an entire page dedicated to some kind of Dreaming-born rock creature that lived on Mt. Fuji, but nothing about any other detail of the mountain's surroundings, much less Aokigahara...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post

      It's right by a caern (The Cherry Phoenix Court of Mt. Fuji), so I doubt that a presence that overt would be tolerated by the ghost-savvy members of the Beast Courts or by the invading forces of Yu Huang, who likely scour the place for new ghosts while resistance fighters try to find them first; there are also frequent Buddhist-led efforts to find and remove dead bodies for proper burial, so that would also cut down on a potential spectre presence. I think it'll be covered in Wr20... unlike WoD: Tokyo. That book had an entire page dedicated to some kind of Dreaming-born rock creature that lived on Mt. Fuji, but nothing about any other detail of the mountain's surroundings, much less Aokigahara...
      This is entirely predicated on a WtA crossover; assuming werewolves and caerns aren't a thing in the Wraith game featuring Aokigahara, the question stands: what does the Suicide Forest look like from a wraith perspective?

      Rather than just presenting the place as wholly given over to the forces of Oblivion, it might be interesting to have the place be a battleground between those who seek to save the souls of the lost, and those who would prey on the despairing living. Even after a person dies in the forest, the battle isn't over- the Silent Legion is made up of suicidal individuals, so even the victims of Aokigahara would not all become automatically lost.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post

        This is entirely predicated on a WtA crossover; assuming werewolves and caerns aren't a thing in the Wraith game featuring Aokigahara, the question stands: what does the Suicide Forest look like from a wraith perspective?
        The struggle of Jade Emperor vs. everyone else doesn't involve Werewolf, nor do efforts of death-aware quick working burial rites to ease wounded souls post-mortem.

        Rather than just presenting the place as wholly given over to the forces of Oblivion, it might be interesting to have the place be a battleground between those who seek to save the souls of the lost, and those who would prey on the despairing living. Even after a person dies in the forest, the battle isn't over- the Silent Legion is made up of suicidal individuals, so even the victims of Aokigahara would not all become automatically lost.
        Aren't the Legions a specifically Stygian thing? While the resistance is aided by Stygia to fight the Jade Emperor abroad, would they be welcoming of people outside their paradigm of death?

        Comment


        • #5
          Not all Haunts are nice and not everything bad that happens can be blamed on Spectres. Wraiths themselves are capable of dark things and there is a real benefit to be had in harvesting the emotions of fear and despair.


          Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post

            Aren't the Legions a specifically Stygian thing? While the resistance is aided by Stygia to fight the Jade Emperor abroad, would they be welcoming of people outside their paradigm of death?
            Right, I was more using the Silent as example of suicides not instantly being defacto spectres.

            Originally posted by Ramnesis View Post
            Not all Haunts are nice and not everything bad that happens can be blamed on Spectres. Wraiths themselves are capable of dark things and there is a real benefit to be had in harvesting the emotions of fear and despair.
            I agree completely.

            Comment

            Working...
            X