My Map of the Tempest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Map of the Tempest

Yes...I know the Tempest is un-mappable etc., etc. Here it is anyway!

http://imgur.com/tfoh2UP

You sick crossver bastard, choke on your paradox points!

(I like it actually)

Comment

Great job. It even includes a few Tempest hotspots whose existence I had forgotten about. From what I can tell, it only lacks Yu Huang's Hell, but I suppose one might make a case for it being a (disguised) outcropping of the Labyrinth.

Comment

I think that Oblivion should not exist in a map of the Tempest, as Oblivion exists 'below' the Labyrinth, and the Labyrinth exists 'below' the Tempest. I would have Stygia in the 'center' (just for relative perspective) and the River of Death creating a spiral through the Tempest, with its tributaries touching each and every one of the Dark Kingdoms (the Tempest is actually a three dimensional space, so the River of Death should create a three dimensional spiral).

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
          I think that Oblivion should not exist in a map of the Tempest, as Oblivion exists 'below' the Labyrinth, and the Labyrinth exists 'below' the Tempest. I would have Stygia in the 'center' (just for relative perspective) and the River of Death creating a spiral through the Tempest, with its tributaries touching each and every one of the Dark Kingdoms (the Tempest is actually a three dimensional space, so the River of Death should create a three dimensional spiral).
          Or instead of that, you could print it out on a clear plastic sheet, put a tall glass on Oblivion, then wrap the map up around the side of the glass. Now add the beverage of your choice and stir.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Originally posted by Ramnesis View Post

Or instead of that, you could print it out on a clear plastic sheet, put a tall glass on Oblivion, then wrap the map up around the side of the glass. Now add the beverage of your choice and stir.
            How about a layer of Shadowlands with a warm nougaty Skinlands center?

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post

How about a layer of Shadowlands with a warm nougaty Skinlands center?
              If there's ever a Wraith 20th cookbook, I think we now have a beverage for it.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Seems like it would work out to being a Snickers Bar dumped into cold coffee with chunks of something....

Comment

I like the map. The representation of the Labyrinth and Oblivion works fine for a two dimensional representation.

Comment

I'm not normally a WtO person, but looking at the map I get an urge to eventually run some campaign with a geographically similar underworld. (Also, it gives me some answers to the question about visualizing the underworld from my thread in this subforum.)

Thanks.

Comment

Revised map - higher res with the Isle of Eurydice

http://imgur.com/mjCIQT3

Comment

Working...
                      X