Ghosts and water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghosts and water

Should be a simple question, but I can't remember for the life of me. What happens when an incorporeal entity comes in contact with a body of water in the skinlands ? Do they swim through it? Do they walk on it? Or is it "as ephemeral as air", to quote Soul Reaver?

For example, a wraith is wandering the skinlands, and wanders into a swimming pool.

Thanks in advance!

If people were meant to run around naked, they would be born that way.

According to Blood-Dimmed Tides, water is normally a solid to wraiths, allowing them to walk on it. They can choose to swim for a number of turns equal to their Stamina by spending a level of Corpus. If they have the Merit Drowned, they can spend a prolonged period of time underwater, depending on the Merit's level.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Drowned is one of those Merits that I think costs too much for its benefits. I think that it should be just 1 point to allow unlimited access to the depths.

Comment

If you ask my opinion Drowned is good for what it does but rather overpriced and unreasonable in asking death by drowning as a strict prerequisite. Since a great deal of what wraith can be and do is established by their self-image, I think it is perfectly reasonable to allow a character to have this Merit if say they were seriously interested in swimming, SCUBA, or anything sea-related in life, even if they died in a wholly different way.
        Last edited by Irioth; 07-17-2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X