Help fleshing out a PC idea.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help fleshing out a PC idea.

I am planning on getting Wraith 20 when it comes out and I am currently thinking up PC ideas for it. One idea I have is the Wraith of a Pro Wrestling manager named "Gentlemen" Johnny Bradshaw. Bradshaw, who was well known for both his eloquent Southern Accent and doing dirty tactics to allow his clients to win. Bradshaw had many clients over the years, the most famous however, was a wrestler known as Balor the Terrible, a brute who loved to brutalize his opponents in Hardcore Matches. Johnny and Balor proved to be a great match and had a run which only ended when Balor had cardiac arrest and died. As it turned out, Balor had been using steroids and the newest batch, which had been smuggled in from Mexico, killed him. Johnny, who knew about Balor's addiction and encouraged it, denied knowing about his addiction, but secretly harbored a huge amount of guilt over the death of Balor.

​5 years after this incident, Johnny was paired with a new client, Otis Cranston, a heel wrestler covered in tattoos who had the gimmick of a occultist. Otis, to Bradshaw's surprise, was a pretty good actor and genuinely creeped out audiences across the country. During this time, the stress of his job along with the ever increasing guilt over the death of Balor caused Bradshaw's marriage to fail, leaving Johnny all alone. On the night of Johnny's death, Cranston and him were meant to go out for a Promo for a upcoming match. But, neither Otis or Johnny ever came out. After a through search of the stadium, the bodies of both Otis Cranston and Johnny Bradshaw were found in a back room. As it turned out, Cranston was actually a Specter cultist who tried to kill Bradshaw for a ritual. But, according to the coroner, Johnny managed to mortally wound Cranston with a pocket knife before dying, with Cranston following shortly after. Long after the incident. there is rumors that the recently abandoned soundstage is haunted by the ghost of Johnny Brawdshaw, who is trapped on Earth due to his involvement in the death of Balor the Terrible.

​With this PC, I need help developing more fetters besides Balor's death and the stadium her haunts. I also need help developing his passions.

Possible Passions:

Put on a good show (Pride)
    Prevent addiction to performance enhancers (Guilt)
    Look after a charismatic athlete (Care)
    Save a marriage (Compassion)
    Help my ex-wife (Guilt)

Possible Fetters:

A metal folding chair Johnny used in his most famous "dirty tactics" to let his clients win
    A microphone he used to cut promos for his clients or rant at spectators
    A flashy, "lucky" jacket he was known for wearing
    A single green barrette his wife used in her hair when their love was strong
    The venue that hosted his first real event as manager

Comment

Originally posted by Callishka View Post
      Possible Passions:

Put on a good show (Pride)
      Prevent addiction to performance enhancers (Guilt)
      Look after a charismatic athlete (Care)
      Save a marriage (Compassion)
      Help my ex-wife (Guilt)

Possible Fetters:

A metal folding chair Johnny used in his most famous "dirty tactics" to let his clients win
      A microphone he used to cut promos for his clients or rant at spectators
      A flashy, "lucky" jacket he was known for wearing
      A single green barrette his wife used in her hair when their love was strong
      The venue that hosted his first real event as manager
      ​Good suggestions so far.
      Last edited by Killerclown; 02-10-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Find the spectres responsible for my death (Vengeance)
        Protect my ex-wife (Love)
        Raise the child I never had (Regret, Pride or Loneliness)
        Speak out for justice (Shame)
        Help my fellow man (Guilt)
        Protect Balor's honour (Pride)
        Protect my confidences (Pride)
        Uncover self-deception (Regret)

The knife I defended myself with
        The sickle used in the ritual
        The chalice which caught my falling blood
        My ex-wife's wedding ring
        The faded promo photo of me and Balor
        My training ground
        My wedding suit
        My childhood home
        The last letter my father wrote to me
        My first gold medal at school
        My first championship belt
        The tooth my killer left behind the lockers at my death scene
        The watch I inherited from my grandfather
        My beat-up red sports car

Comment

I am liking these suggestions guys. I have a question though. If Cranston succeded in his ritual, would Bradshaw's soul have been plunged into Oblivion immediatly after death or would Johnny have still appeared as a Wraith?

Comment

That would depend on the nature of the ritual. Work with your ST on what the purpose of the ritual could have been. Perhaps the specter behind the cult was trying to create a personal army of Mortwights through a ritual meant to bypass all the horror and trauma that Mortwights normally go through when they die. If so, then your character is obviously not a Mortwight, so the ritual failed. Perhaps the nature of the ritual is a secret to everyone but your ST and some NPCs out there, and your character starts out not knowing whether the ritual worked and what its effect was. Perhaps your character has occasional impressions of the Hive Mind when Spectres are nearby, a result of the botched ritual.

Or perhaps the ritual's interruption (or its completion) cause Johnny to immediately experience a Harrowing, which he survived through luck and determination, so that unlike most wraiths, he is a "newborn" who knows what a Harrowing is like.

Comment

Originally posted by Callishka View Post
              That would depend on the nature of the ritual. Work with your ST on what the purpose of the ritual could have been. Perhaps the specter behind the cult was trying to create a personal army of Mortwights through a ritual meant to bypass all the horror and trauma that Mortwights normally go through when they die. If so, then your character is obviously not a Mortwight, so the ritual failed. Perhaps the nature of the ritual is a secret to everyone but your ST and some NPCs out there, and your character starts out not knowing whether the ritual worked and what its effect was. Perhaps your character has occasional impressions of the Hive Mind when Spectres are nearby, a result of the botched ritual.

Or perhaps the ritual's interruption (or its completion) cause Johnny to immediately experience a Harrowing, which he survived through luck and determination, so that unlike most wraiths, he is a "newborn" who knows what a Harrowing is like.
              Lots of juicy plothooks here! Maybe he becomes a Doomslayer of a sort? Another Passion could be 'Stop the spectre cult (Compassion)'. Another Fetter could be 'The Book of Curses' (or whichever grimoire the cult uses).

Comment

I like the idea of him wanting to destroy the Specter Cult. I also had an idea of having my guy be obsessed with tracking Otis Cranston's specter and destroying it, ala Moby Dick. I wonder how his job as a pro wrestling manager could be useful in Stygia?

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
                  I like the idea of him wanting to destroy the Specter Cult. I also had an idea of having my guy be obsessed with tracking Otis Cranston's specter and destroying it, ala Moby Dick. I wonder how his job as a pro wrestling manager could be useful in Stygia?
                  Well, he could join a racket like the Spooks or Monitors. He could broker transactions like the Usurers. He could lend his skills to the bureaucracy of the Hierarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
                    I like the idea of him wanting to destroy the Specter Cult. I also had an idea of having my guy be obsessed with tracking Otis Cranston's specter and destroying it, ala Moby Dick.
                    If you really like the Moby Dick idea, consider if Otis didn't become a Spectre? What if he became a regular wraith? How much more interesting is Bradshaw's quest for justice or revenge when the people around him might want to keep his target 'alive.'

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Originally posted by Ramnesis View Post

If you really like the Moby Dick idea, consider if Otis didn't become a Spectre? What if he became a regular wraith? How much more interesting is Bradshaw's quest for justice or revenge when the people around him might want to keep his target 'alive.'
                      Good idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X