Wraith Books You'd Love to See

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wraith Books You'd Love to See

So as I understand it, there's nothing currently planned beyond the Book of Oblivion, and I don't know whether White Wolf is greenlighting anything being added to the 20th Anniversary lines' schedules, as it might conflict with their united "One World of Darkness/Fifth Edition" (which would be completely reasonable for them to do, I'm not criticizing). That said, if you COULD get more products for Wraith 20th Anniversary, what would you want to see?

Here's what would be on the top of my list:
    - Heresy: previously the Hierarchy (also through the lens of the Legions) and Renegades got sourcebooks, but Heretics never did. A book exploring various religious movements among the dead could also serve as the perfect place to address another underexamined topic: the Far Shores. I know that some degree of mystery is intentional, but there are supposed to be diverse isles of stability in the Tempest beyond the Dark Kingdom capitols. I don't think examining some of those, their history, and how they relate to the Heretic movements will shatter the mystery as much as make them a more relevant part of the setting.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

The damn Dark Ages book, long overdue.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Definitely! Assuming its contemporaneous with Vampire: the Dark Ages 20th Anniversary, it would be between the First and Second Great Maelstroms, with the Fishers at the height of their power, and the War of the Guilds in full swing in back alleys and stairwells.

Comment

Ghosts in the Machine, about wraiths and technology, including the unique technologies and sciences of the underworld.
        The Boatman's Call: Ferrymen
        Dance Hall of the Dead, about how, where and why wraiths socialize.
        A Book of Relics.
        Some sort of bestiary of the underworld.
        And I know it'd never happen, but I'd enjoy a Necropolis: Prague, Haunted Ireland and/or a Ghosts of Appalachia book.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
          Ghosts in the Machine, about wraiths and technology, including the unique technologies and sciences of the underworld.
          Dance Hall of the Dead, about how, where and why wraiths socialize.
          A Book of Relics.
          Failing individual books, these would make great chapters for a Companion that could also include the Merits & Flaws that didn't make it into the Wraith20 core!

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
            So as I understand it, there's nothing currently planned beyond the Book of Oblivion, and I don't know whether White Wolf is greenlighting anything being added to the 20th Anniversary lines' schedules, as it might conflict with their united "One World of Darkness/Fifth Edition" (which would be completely reasonable for them to do, I'm not criticizing)..
            I feel that's a little bit debatable considering nuWW seems to be focusing entirely on the Big Three of Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage. That right now they don't really care as much about Wraith and Changeling enough to push out their 4th editions.

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
            Or just Dark Ages 20 updates for all the other lines in general.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, something I would like to see is to get the remaining Guildbooks out. Out of the original 13 Guilds (now 16 with Wr20), only 8 of them got a Guildbook. Would be nice to fill in the rest.
            Last edited by tasti man LH; 02-18-2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Failing individual books, these would make great chapters for a Companion that could also include the Merits & Flaws that didn't make it into the Wraith20 core!
              I came up with those two a few years ago when trying to figure out how I would've tried to develop the WoD from the start (this was one summer I had a large amount of time on my hands for assorted reasons), the two of them being part of a series of books about aspects of every day existence in the underworld. I think the others were the Haunters Handbook (not about the Guild, but about how and why wraiths interact with the living) and Lost Highways (travel in the underworld including the moving of goods and people between necropoli), all of them including premade character templates (my favorites being the Backyard Inventor who blew himself up for GitM and the Haunt Club Organizer for HH).

As for Guildbooks, I've long wished they'd done Legion books and then done a series of books on the Grand Guilds, the Working Guilds, the Criminal Guilds and the Banned Guilds (as they were divided in The Great War).

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

I've always thought Legions were more central to the setting than Guilds. So it would make sense to do Legion Books.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
                  I've always thought Legions were more central to the setting than Guilds. So it would make sense to do Legion Books.
                  The most plausible scenario would be a big "Lore of the Guilds" book and a big "Lore of the Legions", ala Lore of the Clans for VtM20.

Comment

The most plausible scenario would be a big "Lore of the Guilds" book and a big "Lore of the Legions", ala Lore of the Clans for VtM20.
                    Yes. I hope we get a few Wr20 books in addition to the KS ones.

Comment

Here's my unranked top 10 list for books after Book of Oblivion

* Wraith 20 Companion (Merits & Flaws, Ghost in the Machine, Dance Hall of the Dead, and Scroll of Relics rolled into one)
                      * Lore of the Guilds
                      * Lore of the Legions
                      * Heresy & Hope (covering Heretics and Far Shores as settings)
                      * Wraith: the Dark Ages
                      * Wraith the Great War 20th Anniversary
                      * Dark Kingdoms of Obsidian
                      * Dark Kingdom of Ivory
                      * Svarga
                      * Dark Kingdoms of the Sea (I feel bad shoving Karta, the Sea that Knows No Sun, and the Mirrorlands together into one book, but I'm trying to be realistic about what's more likely to sell)

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing some updated portions of Love Beyond Death make it into say, the Wraith 20 Companion when it comes to more about Passions and Fetters.

Comment

If there's a Storytellers book or something, I'd actually enjoy seeing a chapter on running Wraith in various genres - romance (tragic or otherwise), action-adventure, mystery, horror, traditional Gothic, etc.

Comment

I would so like to see:
                            A Storyteller’s Guide - expanded advice in writing and running chronicles in Wraith, exploring themes, tropes, archetypes and dramatic structure
                            Necropoli - a collection of various Necropoli, perhaps a little like the book Haunts, to serve both as full scale settings as well as inspiration and example
                            Scenarios - with this I mean a collection of different scenarios showing how Wraith can be played in many ways, scenarios that also introduce the world, the rules and themes of Wraith to new players
                            The Great Campaign - An epic and well written chronicle spanning over many years, areas, themes and concepts. Something to really show off what Wraith can be.

Comment

Dark Ages: Wraith and a collection of Necropoli from various region of the world. Bonus points for every Canadian Necropoli introduced 😁

Project consolidation:
                              Rough Draft: Dhole Shifters, Ottawa By Night, Tribebook Bunyip, Garou Variant
                              In redaction: Lasombra Bloodline

Comment

Working...
                              X