No announcement yet.

Wraith Books You'd Love to See

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they did a "Book of Necropoli" I think I'd want it to be something along the lines of:
    • Quebec City, Canada
    • Oxford, England
    • Newport, Rhode Island
    • Sao Paulo, Brazil
    • Krakow, Poland
    • Mobile, Alabama
    • Kyoto, Japan
    • Perth, Australia
    • Santa Fe, New Mexico
    • Casablanca, Morocco
    • Mombasa, Kenya
    • Honolulu, Hawaii
    • Valletta, Malta
    Or something like that.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      * Wraith 20 Companion (Merits & Flaws, Ghost in the Machine, Dance Hall of the Dead, and Scroll of Relics rolled into one)
      * Lore of the Guilds
      * Lore of the Legions
      While I view these as sort of essentials, (if Wraith 20 were to continue), I would like these.

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      * Heresy & Hope (covering Heretics and Far Shores as settings)
      * Wraith: the Dark Ages
      Would love these, even moreso, perhaps than the "essentials". I have always found it a bit odd that Wraith as a game seems to really shy away from playing as Heretics or Renegades heavily when they seem that they should be the main player focus, in a sense. I mean groups that new Wraith might join so they can build some niche for themselves as the Hierarchy is already in power.

One other book Id really like is a Wraith focused on (for both Players and STs) on using Wraith in Crossovers, long and short term.

Comment

Still waiting on the Dark Ages Wraith.

I actually expected so many more Haunts books. Ya know with really crazy places like the real life mansion used in "Rose Red" or a well known speak easy in Chicago that a large majority of patrons who died in the Chicago city Fire 1871 still frequent. Maybe the Kings Park Psychiatric Center where closed doors to the naked eye are open to the closed. I can go on for hours on how many really creepy places are suitable for such a rich game play setting that wraith can provide.

Hey does anyone know if there were any developed turnouts with Lodin the Ventrue prince who suffered final death and now resides in Epoch. (If i spelled that correctly.)

Comment

Originally posted by Beckett View Post
          I have always found it a bit odd that Wraith as a game seems to really shy away from playing as Heretics or Renegades heavily when they seem that they should be the main player focus, in a sense. I mean groups that new Wraith might join so they can build some niche for themselves as the Hierarchy is already in power.

One other book Id really like is a Wraith focused on (for both Players and STs) on using Wraith in Crossovers, long and short term.
          I can remember when 1st ed was getting ready to come out, and almost all of the promo material really, really heavily (and I mean super heavily) pushed the idea that the default was PC Renegades rebelling against the monolithic and oppressive Hierarchy. I think that may have something to do with why the Legions were never presented as splats the way Clans, Tribes, etc. were in the other games.

I have long lamented that there were not a series of crossover books for each of the original five game lines, each one going over hows and whys they would interact, specific areas of conflict or mutual interests, mechanic guidelines for things like (to use Wraith as an example) skin-riding vampires, what happens when werewolves die, exorcism via magic, Archanoi effects on changelings, etc., and then a look at each group in the other's signature city (Necropolis: Chicago).
          (Working titles: The Dead & The Damned; Haunted Moon: The Book of the Dead; Dead Magic; Shadows in Twilight1)

1Because the Changeling ones would've been Midnight Masquerade, Savage Dawn, Mystic Zenith and Shadows in Twilight.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
            If they did a "Book of Necropoli" I think I'd want it to be something along the lines of:
            • Quebec City, Canada
            • Oxford, England
            • Newport, Rhode Island
            • Sao Paulo, Brazil
            • Krakow, Poland
            • Mobile, Alabama
            • Kyoto, Japan
            • Perth, Australia
            • Santa Fe, New Mexico
            • Casablanca, Morocco
            • Mombasa, Kenya
            • Honolulu, Hawaii
            • Valletta, Malta
            Or something like that.
            Toss chile for a good mesure of political torture and concentration camps during the 70s to the 80s

would love to see a wraith book for ancient rome/greek empire. perhaps something involving the space race or hell, ghosts in the machine or a book for Bioexorcists and Ghost Chasers kind of npcs (ya know, the kind of ghost hunters that have TV Shows, film everything in night vision and insist to speak in english to ghosts who might be from other countries.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6mOl4faxcM )

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
            ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
            Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
            Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

I picked most of those because they seemed like potential ways to present various ethno-regional genres (Southern Gothic, J-Horror, Lovecraft, etc.) and/or were interesting cultural crossroads. Mobile, for example, has a nice potential mix of traditional Hierarchy, Les Invisibles, Pentecostal inspired heretics, and a ton of Southern Gothic stuff.

But yes, Chile also has a lot of potential as a Wraith setting.

I've long wished that Werewolf's historical setting had been ancient Rome instead of the Wild West, just for the potential of a crossover book looking at the Roman underworld and the restless dead of the era.

I think an update/revision of The Quick & The Dead would be a lot of fun. Mediums, ghost chasers, investigative journalists (in the style of The Ring), disreputable real estate developers (Poltergeist), weird cults. The possibilities are many.

As for the space race, IIRC, there is a bit in Doomslayers implying that the Labyrinth may actually have branches and tunnels that lead to the Shadowlands of the Moon.
              Last edited by No One of Consequence; 03-14-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I'd like a book on the Heretics. But there is a Legion book called, Book of Legions.

See my splat, Angel: The Revelation (With a MUCH better link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qUnP1fcl-0/pub

Comment

Wraith: Age of Rome: Set in the days of ancient Rome, play during the days when the Deathlords were a senate, Charon was still around, and there have been no great maelstorms yet.

See my splat, Angel: The Revelation (With a MUCH better link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qUnP1fcl-0/pub

Comment

Originally posted by Yaoi Huntress Earth View Post
                    I'd like a book on the Heretics. But there is a Legion book called, Book of Legions.
                    I’m aware, i was talking about expanding and updating it for Wraith20, in the format that V20 did “Lore of the Clans” despite Revised Clanbooks already existing.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Malfean_Sleepover View Post
                      I would so like to see:
                      A Storyteller’s Guide - expanded advice in writing and running chronicles in Wraith, exploring themes, tropes, archetypes and dramatic structure
                      Necropoli - a collection of various Necropoli, perhaps a little like the book Haunts, to serve both as full scale settings as well as inspiration and example
                      Scenarios - with this I mean a collection of different scenarios showing how Wraith can be played in many ways, scenarios that also introduce the world, the rules and themes of Wraith to new players
                      The Great Campaign - An epic and well written chronicle spanning over many years, areas, themes and concepts. Something to really show off what Wraith can be.
                      Short of a Dark Ages: Wraith, perhaps they could cover it in a chapter of the Storyteller's Guide idea you propose.

Comment

Working...
                      X