“Their father killed ours”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Their father killed ours”

Just started reading my backer pdf. On p.29 of the intro/Faces of Death section, it seems to be depicting Vampires. The last line is “Their father killed ours”. Is this referring to Cain and Charon?

Originally posted by Mason View Post
    Just started reading my backer pdf. On p.29 of the intro/Faces of Death section, it seems to be depicting Vampires. The last line is “Their father killed ours”. Is this referring to Cain and Charon?
    Don't take it as canon, as I think past developers have repeatedly stated that it isn't the intended canon case, but there was certainly plenty of fan speculation back in the day that Charon was Abel.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Well, if so, that would certainly make The Lady of Fate turn out to be Eve more poignant. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason View Post
        Well, if so, that would certainly make The Lady of Fate turn out to be Eve more poignant. Thanks.

The only thing is, Abel should be a ghost well before Eve in the Biblical tradition. Eve's lifespan isn't listed in Genesis, but Adam lived for another 800 years after Seth's birth (the third son, conceived and born after Cain killed Abel) and had more sons and daughters.

So she can't really be waiting for him in this scenario.

Comment

I took it to mean that since Caine is the first murderer, he sent the first human to the Underworld. So, if Abel is the first one there, he's kind of a father-figure to wraithdom, not that he actually did actively father them in any way.

Comment

Yeah, it could be Abel being referred to as the “father” of Wraiths without him also being Charon.

That would be an interesting subject for a Heretic Cult to be big into - or a major part of Wraith culture if we ever got a Dark Ages book.

OH CRAP, WHAT IF HE’S THE SMILING LORD?!

Comment

In Gehenna, Abel is a Wraith that has Caine as a Fetter, and seeks to protect and guard his brother.

Comment

One of the possible Orpheus endings in End Game features the ghost of the first murder victim, held prisoner by Grandmother's forces because his metaphysical nature makes him a threat. His name isn't actually Abel, but he uses it because it's fitting.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Also, according to the WW Wiki, Bruce Baugh said that while the Lady is Eve, she isn't necessarily a wraith. What she is could be quite interesting in itself.

Comment

I was a play tester for End of Empire, and according to discussions with Richard Dansky, Bruce Baugh and Geoff Grabowski, it was intended to imply that the "Anubis" who taught the Ferrymen the Ritual of Severance was actually Abel. But it's not explicitly spelled out anywhere, so there's not exactly a "canonical" answer to the issue.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
                    X