No announcement yet.

Possibly replacing a Legion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose another simpler way to divide the dead would be by pinching the titles of the Four Horsemen: Death (old-age only, since I don't suppose it fits anywhere else), War (encompassing violence as well as more traditional kinds of war), Famine (encompassing neglect and suicide) and Pestilence. You could maybe throw Fate in as the random factor, since it would be largely removed from politics anyway.

This is certainly less flavoursome, but it gets rid of the muddles had by overlapping Legions (like those of happenstance, mystery and fate, for instance).

I suppose another way to do it would be to split wraiths up based on their Passions--the reasons why they cling to their past lives. This may or may not be like the Shades from Orpheus.

Comment

What are the general guidelines on what constitutes of death by disease and what constitutes a death by old age? I mean, if someone dies of pneumonia at 80 is that clear cut Iron Legion, or does Skeletal have a case since what killed them was an infection? I'd imagine over the millennia a clear year cut off would have ended up being negotiated where "anyone who dies of natural causes over the age of 70, where compromised immune system or weakened organs can be deemed a contributing factor, automatically goes to the Iron Legion rather than the Skeletal" or something like that.

I was just thinking about how the literal "causes of death" for the Iron Legion would basically always be things that would be clear-cut Skeletal Legion if it weren't for the individual's age.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        I was just thinking about how the literal "causes of death" for the Iron Legion would basically always be things that would be clear-cut Skeletal Legion if it weren't for the individual's age.
        Hence the historic contention between the two Legions. This is where the Beggar Lord comes in. He specializes in taking those that are so "on the line" that the Iron and Gaunt prefer not to fight over them. And then there's the old, "We got to her first."

Comment

Ah, I had forgotten that they were specifically called out as in contention (relative to the overall contentions that can rise between any given Legions over souls).

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
          X