Ambassadors of Oblivion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambassadors of Oblivion

Here's a simple question: If one of the factions of Spectres set an ambassador, would Stygia let them in?

I don't recall seeing anything about this in any of the books, but the more I think about it the more I think the answer is yes. With limited access, of course.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

I'd disagree, at least if they came openly. The angle Doomslayers goes with is that Spectres set up open bases in Restless territory where Stygian power is weak, and that generally they don't last long for one reason or another - after all, left unchecked a malignant cancer will spread.

There's a good amount of covert interaction between Spectres and the Restless, but publicly accepting an agent of Oblivion in? No, not under the Hierarchy.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

I can see diplomatic dealings between Stygia and some of the Malfean Onceborn that act like Labyrinth gods or cult leaders. Nothing permanent or long-term, but maybe a common goal, for instance, getting rid of another Malfean.

Comment

Originally posted by valismedsen View Post
        I can see diplomatic dealings between Stygia and some of the Malfean Onceborn that act like Labyrinth gods or cult leaders. Nothing permanent or long-term, but maybe a common goal, for instance, getting rid of another Malfean.
        That's a lot of my thinking as well. And while there's no way Stygia would ever trust a spectral ambassador, or even believe half the things they have to say, the possibility of playing them off against each other and other diplomatic tricks is too good an opportunity to miss.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Related topic: One of my favorite things about Haunters Guild lore (from their old Guild book) is their claim that Charon had an arrangement with Spectres to navigate the Labyrinth unmolested. One could imagine a Spectre ambassador figure appearing (or being rumored to appear) in Stygia to open some channel of communication for a Onceborn or powerful Nephrack who claims to have made that arrangement, in exchange for help against some other Onceborn who favors swift, active annihilation rather than the patient kind.

Comment

Working...
          X