Wr20 errata discussions and thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wr20 errata discussions and thoughts

So it seems Wr20 is falling more in line with the Revised-era editions - with the inclusion of Dodge as a Talent, 10's re-rolling instead of "exploding," etc., - which is fine, as Wraith never received a proper Revised edition (and by "fine," I mean I'm going to do what I always do - take the system, strip it down, beat it to fit, and paint it to match, even if it did use Anniversary edition rules). But this thread is for discussion of those things we've found, as the official errata thread is
    Originally posted by RichT View Post
    (...) this is an errata thread so please only post errata, no answers or explanations. Thanks!
    So I thought we could move our opinions and ideas here.

Some things I would like to see:
    - Legion emblems
    - a system for Lifesight, Deathsight, and Sharpened Senses (especially as some powers refer to Life/Deathsight dice pools, even if it's just a Perception+Awareness roll)
    - some other junk I can't think of right now because it's late and I'm tired

Things I'm excited for:
    - the inclusion of The Gentleman Gamer to help shoulder some of the errata. I haven't read much, but I've liked everything I've read from Matthew Dawkins
    - the map of Stygia

Some ideas:
    - related to the above: so, Lifesight allows one to read auras, Perception+Awareness, difficulty of the local Shroud? Same with Deathsight, but allows one to track Health/Willpower?
    - Sharpened Senses has been an issue in most White Wolf games (vampires and werewolves have "sharper, more predatory senses'), but has always lacked a hard rule. Maybe a flat -1 difficulty across the board?

Cheers!
    Last edited by nothing; 03-15-2018, 03:44 AM.

If you don't use an Oxford comma, I feel bad for you, son,
    'Cuz I got ninety-nine problems, but clarity ain't one.

Some more thoughts:

- I miss the Basic Arcanos. I thought they were a really cool idea that helped differentiate Wraith from the other game lines
    - I'm glad Argos 2 actually gives wings now. For years I assumed it did, based on the art from 2e
    - I would like to see a mention of the Dark Kingdom of Wire.
    - I understand the "metaplot-agnostic" approach of the Anniversary editions, but... Maybe we'll get a companion book that pulls a bit from EoE, giving more information on the Ferrymen and explaining that the Mnemoi weren't complete villains (though I thought EoE was a great book, and will still probably use it alongside Wr20)

Still harping on Life/Deathsight and Sharpened Senses:
    - There's a small list of examples given in the Player's Guide. Still hunting for more references
    - Thinking the easiest way to handle Sharpened Senses is just a -1 difficulty on all Perception-related rolls. This might make sense, as Spectres do not have access to Sharpened Senses, and instead receive a +1 difficulty on all Perception-based rolls ("Dimmed Senses," Wr20 p. 348)

Cheers!

If you don't use an Oxford comma, I feel bad for you, son,
    'Cuz I got ninety-nine problems, but clarity ain't one.

Comment

Just as a heads up (especially since it appears that quite a few people on this sub-forum are Wraith-only fans and aren't familiar with OPP's other products and thus their errata process):

Text additions have little to no chance to appearing in the book. The text as is, is mostly set in stone this point with the only changes to come from errata. The only time that it would appear if there was something in the approved edited text that got accidentally left out somewhere in layout and gets added back in. And the only exception being if OPP considers the missing text to be a serious enough issue to break the game by not having it. Otherwise...

Text being replaced? Sure. Brand new text that wasn't written up before getting added into the book at this late of a stage? Highly unlikely.

Comment

Pathos rules were left out of Second Edition, so I guess there's a bit of nostalgia in repeating that! Although, it seems to me they could add the errata after the index, like they did with later printings of WTO2e. It's not the most elegant solution, but avoids separate PDFs of errata.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
          Although, it seems to me they could add the errata after the index, like they did with later printings of WTO2e. It's not the most elegant solution, but avoids separate PDFs of errata.
          OPP has never released standalone official errata documents after the initial errata has already been integrated into the final product. I do not think that'll change here for Wr20.

Comment

On the Risen, the new rules state that all the discipline powers require a point of Pathos. But, Potence and Fortitude normally don't cost anything. Is this an oversight or is this intentional.

Comment

Im assuming that Lifesight works like Auspex II...I really wish though they'd have not left out Lifesight/Deathsight. How can you make that many references to a set of abilities but never define them...

Comment

You'll see some of the material we couldn't fit into Wraith 20 in the Book of Oblivion. Not all, mind you, as it'll be a sourcebook in its own right and not a collection of offcuts. I'm quietly optimistic for how it'll come together.

Matthew Dawkins
                In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                  You'll see some of the material we couldn't fit into Wraith 20 in the Book of Oblivion. Not all, mind you, as it'll be a sourcebook in its own right and not a collection of offcuts. I'm quietly optimistic for how it'll come together.
                  There's another book coming right, something like "handbook for the recently deceased"? How about that one, is it heavy on setting material?

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Flame View Post

There's another book coming right, something like "handbook for the recently deceased"? How about that one, is it heavy on setting material?
                    Here's the blurb from the Kickstarter:

The Book of Oblivion. Backers who pledged for a PDF of Wr20 will receive the PDF. Backers who pledged for a physical copy will receive a discount on the PoD as well. The BoO will contain: Tempests and Maelstroms, Spectre Castes and Dark Arcanoi, the Labyrinth, more Shadow material, and Spectre Cults.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Flame View Post

The Handbook contains the basics for people who want to start their first chronicle of Wraith. It's a little like a Jumpstart.

Matthew Dawkins

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

I am pretty bugged about the abilities: the return of Dodge, the mention of Repair, it doesn't make senses to me. It's like the book have been written for another edition.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Ok, but what about the missing Lifesight/Deathsight write ups?

Comment

Originally posted by Mental-Mouse View Post

Ok, but what about the missing Lifesight/Deathsight write ups?

They'll receive coverage.

Matthew Dawkins

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Are we getting them in the core or do we have to wait for them to be released in another book?

Comment

Working...
                              X