X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nothing
    started a topic Wr20 errata discussions and thoughts

Wr20 errata discussions and thoughts

So it seems Wr20 is falling more in line with the Revised-era editions - with the inclusion of Dodge as a Talent, 10's re-rolling instead of "exploding," etc., - which is fine, as Wraith never received a proper Revised edition (and by "fine," I mean I'm going to do what I always do - take the system, strip it down, beat it to fit, and paint it to match, even if it did use Anniversary edition rules). But this thread is for discussion of those things we've found, as the official errata thread is
    Originally posted by RichT View Post
    (...) this is an errata thread so please only post errata, no answers or explanations. Thanks!
    So I thought we could move our opinions and ideas here.

Some things I would like to see:
    - Legion emblems
    - a system for Lifesight, Deathsight, and Sharpened Senses (especially as some powers refer to Life/Deathsight dice pools, even if it's just a Perception+Awareness roll)
    - some other junk I can't think of right now because it's late and I'm tired

Things I'm excited for:
    - the inclusion of The Gentleman Gamer to help shoulder some of the errata. I haven't read much, but I've liked everything I've read from Matthew Dawkins
    - the map of Stygia

Some ideas:
    - related to the above: so, Lifesight allows one to read auras, Perception+Awareness, difficulty of the local Shroud? Same with Deathsight, but allows one to track Health/Willpower?
    - Sharpened Senses has been an issue in most White Wolf games (vampires and werewolves have "sharper, more predatory senses'), but has always lacked a hard rule. Maybe a flat -1 difficulty across the board?

Cheers!
    Last edited by nothing; 03-15-2018, 03:44 AM.

• tasti man LH
    replied
    New update for Wr20 corebook...specifically on the missing rules for Lifesight, Deathsight, Heightened Senses, and Insubstantiality being added back in.

http://theonyxpath.com/a-wraiths-bes...-the-oblivion/

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Meanwhile, The Gentleman Gamer revealed that Lifesight and Deathsight has been added back into the final PDF release, and has hinted at other "missing things" being in the final release as well, over here.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by nothing View Post
    So it seems Wr20 is falling more in line with the Revised-era editions - with the inclusion of Dodge as a Talent,
    Tell that to the action mechanics, which explicitly use Athletics for dodging.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    My biggest issue is whether Displace and Behest actually get rewritten. Because currently they are copy pasted word for word out of Wraith: the Great War. There was no effort whatsoever to hide it: Kinesis instead of Inhabit, wielders are described as being in the West because they were called up to fight by British Empire (in recent terms), etc etc.

If anyone was paid for that wordcount, Onyx Path got cheated.

And if it’s rewritten, Displace really needs to be made fun to use - because having your character trapped alone in a dark room is not a fun gameplay experience.

Leave a comment:

• Mental-Mouse
    replied
    Are we getting them in the core or do we have to wait for them to be released in another book?

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mental-Mouse View Post

Ok, but what about the missing Lifesight/Deathsight write ups?

They'll receive coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Mental-Mouse
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
    You'll see some of the material we couldn't fit into Wraith 20 in the Book of Oblivion. Not all, mind you, as it'll be a sourcebook in its own right and not a collection of offcuts. I'm quietly optimistic for how it'll come together.

Ok, but what about the missing Lifesight/Deathsight write ups?

Leave a comment:

• DaemonChrno
    replied
    I am pretty bugged about the abilities: the return of Dodge, the mention of Repair, it doesn't make senses to me. It's like the book have been written for another edition.

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Primal Flame View Post

There's another book coming right, something like "handbook for the recently deceased"? How about that one, is it heavy on setting material?
    The Handbook contains the basics for people who want to start their first chronicle of Wraith. It's a little like a Jumpstart.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by Primal Flame View Post

There's another book coming right, something like "handbook for the recently deceased"? How about that one, is it heavy on setting material?
    Here's the blurb from the Kickstarter:

The Book of Oblivion. Backers who pledged for a PDF of Wr20 will receive the PDF. Backers who pledged for a physical copy will receive a discount on the PoD as well. The BoO will contain: Tempests and Maelstroms, Spectre Castes and Dark Arcanoi, the Labyrinth, more Shadow material, and Spectre Cults.

Leave a comment:

• Primal Flame
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
    You'll see some of the material we couldn't fit into Wraith 20 in the Book of Oblivion. Not all, mind you, as it'll be a sourcebook in its own right and not a collection of offcuts. I'm quietly optimistic for how it'll come together.

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mental-Mouse
    replied
    Im assuming that Lifesight works like Auspex II...I really wish though they'd have not left out Lifesight/Deathsight. How can you make that many references to a set of abilities but never define them...

Leave a comment:

• MrBlack83
    replied
    On the Risen, the new rules state that all the discipline powers require a point of Pathos. But, Potence and Fortitude normally don't cost anything. Is this an oversight or is this intentional.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X