Wraiths have sex? (Wr20th, p.258)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wraiths have sex? (Wr20th, p.258)

No 20th says clearly that the wraith can have sex. I thought it was very strange, what would that look like? Does the Corpus of the wraith change to meet the needs of the event? How do they strip, since this is the same as throwing away part of their Corpora. I'm extremely confused about that. I do not remember this subject being addressed in the last edition of the book.

Please, enlighten me.

Wraiths have sex the same way people have sex, but with more options. Sure, there's Embody and Puppetry, and wraiths can get kinky with Inhabit, but there's also a Sandman's Dream Pageant, or even just Moliate.

Really though, it's less about the mechanical actions of who is thrusting what where, and more about passion and Passions. Sex is just an expression - emotion is what matters to the Restless.

Cheers!

If you don't use an Oxford comma, I feel bad for you, son,
    'Cuz I got ninety-nine problems, but clarity ain't one.

Comment

Clothes are part of the corpus, yes, but not the skin. The Corpus largely behaves like it is expected to behave, which means the clothing part of it behaves like actual clothing would. It can be taken off and on with no pain, and cutting it does no damage.

I daresay if it is left behind it will fade, and in most cases the Wraith in question will manifest their clothes again. How consciously this happens likely depends on the Wraith in question.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Wraiths manifest clothes because that's by an overwhelmingly margin part of the person's self-image. Be able to take off their clothes is also part of their self-image. I'd go with Ramnesis' interpretation of the how said corpus-extension-clothes behave - they'd fade away if abandoned and would just appear on the Wraith again the next time they noticed, but when one strips to have sex they lie on the floor like normal clothes.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I'm disappointed that nobody cited a page number about ghost erections and the foreplay chart...

Comment

Originally posted by Ramnesis View Post
            Clothes are part of the corpus, yes, but not the skin. The Corpus largely behaves like it is expected to behave, which means the clothing part of it behaves like actual clothing would. It can be taken off and on with no pain, and cutting it does no damage.

I daresay if it is left behind it will fade, and in most cases the Wraith in question will manifest their clothes again. How consciously this happens likely depends on the Wraith in question.

This is how I saw it.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Sex doesn't necessarily mean penetrative intercourse. Especially in wraithly society. I like the ideas of a dream pageant, or clever uses of Moliate, Embody and Puppetry.

I imagine Usury, Intimate and Keening could be used too. Think the sex scene in Demolition Man, for example.
              Last edited by adambeyoncelowe; 03-23-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X