Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can a Pardoner do with the first 2 dots of Castigate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can a Pardoner do with the first 2 dots of Castigate?

looked at first 2 powers and while they may not be worthless to free wraiths in a circle they look pretty useless on their own as something a Pardoner would offer Wraiths

Something im missing?

is a NPC Pardoner still a "apprentice" at that point, doing scutwork?

Same thing with first dot of usury just noticed.

Probaly several other Arccanoi too.
    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 04-07-2018, 03:09 PM.

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    looked at first 2 powers and while they may not be worthless to free wraiths in a circle they look pretty useless on their own as something a Pardoner would offer Wraiths.
    Hm. Let's go through the first two dots in Wr20.

Soulsight: This one is essentially the 'know your enemy' power. At minimum, you get an idea of how powerful the Shadow is, while at best you get insight into how the Shadow thinks, what drives it, and what it's able to do. It can potentially warn you of potential Catharsis, help you plan for it, help you recognise it, let you warn others of how to recognise it...

Playing with Fire: A straight-up utility power for the user. Not intended for others.

Bulwark: This one, I think, gets used for small travelling groups, whether the Circle or strangers.

Catechize: My sense of this one is that it's very much an investigatory power... and naturally enough, not everyone wants to be investigated. This is the power that unearths past sins, past crimes, the things you keep hidden from others. Though it doesn't have a mechanical benefit, this is a power that can help others get to the bottom of things. Of course, given you're asking the Shadow here, it can put its own spin on things.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

yes I get the utility of those art's... was asking is someone at that point still an 'apprentice' if their a guild member?

not someone hanging out an iron latern.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        yes I get the utility of those art's... was asking is someone at that point still an 'apprentice' if their a guild member?

not someone hanging out an iron latern.
        Keeping in mind that the Wr20 Pardoners differ somewhat from the Guildbook Pardoners, by the Guildbook, Pardoner Apprentices were expected to be taught the basic abilities (Bulwark and Soulsight, as it was), with Journeymen comprising those who'd got the basic abilities but not yet the third dot. Reaching the rank of Pardoner required performing Purify on your supervisor.

Given the overhaul of powers, I'd hazard that if the Guild structure's the same in Wr20, then Apprentices would be those learning Soulsight and Journeymen those who've learned Soulsight but haven't yet mastered Purify.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Working...
        X