No announcement yet.

What's Taking So Long for Wraith 20th?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Taking So Long for Wraith 20th?

I know they had the Kickstarter for Wraith 20th 3-4 years ago, but that's too long. It looks like to me they threw aside Wraith to work on Geist 2e. While I am personally excited for Geist 2e, I still want Wraith. Maybe they should have made Wraith: Sin-Eater instead. So what's the hold up?

Originally posted by OvercastGhost View Post
    I know they had the Kickstarter for Wraith 20th 3-4 years ago, but that's too long. It looks like to me they threw aside Wraith to work on Geist 2e. While I am personally excited for Geist 2e, I still want Wraith. Maybe they should have made Wraith: Sin-Eater instead. So what's the hold up?
    ...the backer PDF already went out to the backers 2 months ago.

Errata's been collected and being integrated in to make the final PDF right now. Then there's making the regular PoD, but that's going to take a bit considering the book is a +500 page beast. That said, yeah the book should be coming out by this year, probably late 2018.

We're closer to the final release then we've ever been.

Comment

They have to get a alot of relic paper to print the books. Do you know how hard it is to get Relic paper?

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
        They have to get a alot of relic paper to print the books. Do you know how hard it is to get Relic paper?
        Find the Ashtray Formerly Known As Samuel Haight and use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Randaconda View Post
          Find the Ashtray Formerly Known As Samuel Haight and use it.
          you can't soul forge paper. that's just crazy talk.

Comment

It took 5-6 month for Changeling 20th from the backer PDF to have it available for everyone, and the deluxe edition are being delivered now (so about 1 year after backer PDF), Wraith 20th should be available in a few months!

Comment

Originally posted by Kendaan View Post
              It took 5-6 month for Changeling 20th from the backer PDF to have it available for everyone, and the deluxe edition are being delivered now (so about 1 year after backer PDF), Wraith 20th should be available in a few months!

Which really is crazy, seeing as how I have had my Changeling: 20 sitting on my bookshelf up there next to my Mage:20 - Vampire:20 - Werewolf: 20 for nearly a year; and Wraith: 20's Kickstarter ended a year earlier.

Does anybody else remember how long this project hovered around in art direction?

However, we are closer to a release, so they tell us ...

Comment

Wraith and Geist have nothing to do with each other in terms of their development schedules, so no, one did not hold up the other.

Wraith went through a long writing and development process (writers dropped at the past minute, the developer suffered many misfortunes) but the PDF went out to backers.

We then assembled errata and I spent a good while incorporating it. It's not as easy as just deleting and replacing words when you have to ensure everything still fits in the page, including art. We added the absent Lifesight, Deathsight, and more missing things at that stage.

Errata incorporated, I then sent the book on the Indexer. It takes a while to index a book this size but I'm informed work is proceeding apace. As soon as that's done and I'm happy with the index, the amended PDF will go out to backers, non-backers will be able to buy the PDF, and we'll order test runs of the print copy.

Once we're happy with the print copy (it does take time to ensure all the pages are aligned, there's no art bleed, etc.) we'll be able to put it on sale as print on demand and put our order in for completion of the deluxe copies.

So that's where we are

Matthew Dawkins
                In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Working...
                X