No announcement yet.

Risen question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really enjoyed the DoomSlayers book, but it paints the Labyrinth as near suicidal to go to, becoming a Risen is already not the easiest thing. and now you must go to the Labyrinth to talk to your Shadow, it just seems an unnecessary step. "Adambeyoncelowe" i am not familiar with he origin of the Kuei-jin.

Comment

In a similar vein, is there any way to extend Revivify or use Puppetry on a corpse in some other way? I'd like to create a Death Shedim-like character from In Nomine (they can inhabit corpses)

Comment

craft some new puppetry arts that affect dead bodies in the ways you are looking for, just keep an eye on balance.

Comment

Potentially a mixed Arcanoi of Puppetry and Inhabit.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Ah, the answer I think. Came across it today from Ends of Empire, p. 149:

"Persephone (from Risen)

The oldest of the Risen, Persephone tries to flee into the Skinlands when she receives warnings of the incipient Maelstrom. Her Shadow delays her crossing just long enough, however, and she ends up crossing the Shroud at the precise moment the Maelstrom hits. Some form of resonance ensues, and wraiths by the thousands are blown across the Shroud into the Skinlands. Some possess bodies that are not their own, some return to their own rotting cadavers, and some are simply lost. Chaos, and other, less pleasant things, ensue."

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
              In W20 they address shortcuts to becoming Risen which get rid of some limitations, like learning from pro's and things like artifacts. The Post 6th Maelstrom Risen, some do get tossed in other bodies so I hope they at least address it.
              The post 6th Malestrom walking dead aren't risen. Yes, they are Wraiths in dead bodies, but they lack the powers of the Risen and are generally worse off for their condition. If memory serves, they were trying to flee from the Malestrom and got blown into the physical world, at which point they wound up occupying bodies. This essentially created a new "class" of walking dead. Risen would qualify as Hidden (if you use Hunter terms), but I would even suggest that not all Hidden are Risen, if that makes any sense to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Vil View Post
                The post 6th Malestrom walking dead aren't risen. Yes, they are Wraiths in dead bodies, but they lack the powers of the Risen and are generally worse off for their condition. If memory serves, they were trying to flee from the Malestrom and got blown into the physical world, at which point they wound up occupying bodies. This essentially created a new "class" of walking dead. Risen would qualify as Hidden (if you use Hunter terms), but I would even suggest that not all Hidden are Risen, if that makes any sense to you.
                It does- Good catch with that

Comment

Originally posted by Trategos_Sol View Post

It does- Good catch with that
                  Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X