Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

By Charon's Oar, we have been delivered (WRAITH 20 is out)!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By Charon's Oar, we have been delivered (WRAITH 20 is out)!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ion?src=newest

~The gates to Stygia have opened once more. Kindly pay your fare to the Ferryman...~

Comment

Ghosts are fucking cool

Comment

I always thought that Wraith had the best illustrations, period, of all OWOD. When I read the Handbook for the Recently Deceased. I was vastly disappointed and concerned for how the core book would look like.
        I can safely say that my doubt unnecessary. The book looks gorgeous and has lived up to the high expectations set by Wraith 2nd Ed.

Comment

Does it have a section on the Risen (zombies)?

Mage: the Ascension - Redesigned Prime Sphere; Streamlined Wonder Creation
          Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
          Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

Originally posted by Octavo View Post
            Does it have a section on the Risen (zombies)?
            Yep yep yep,an entiiiire chapterrr

Comment

Now to check what errata issues were actually fixed!

1) Dodge is gone from the character sheet! Yay! (as with the other 20th Anniversary games, Athletics is used for dodging in the actual action rules)

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

2) On page 308, the penalty for Wraiths with unresolved fetters to navigate the Tempest is actually present, which means the Harbinger ** Initiate Art now does actually do something! Again, YAY - problem fixed!

Comment

They better be, I ordered a heavyweight print

Comment

3) While "Kinesis" was replaced by "Inhabit" this time, the Tvashtriya text still appears to be otherwise copypasted out of Great War - including discussion of wielders being "Rajput, Punjabi, and Bengali troops and trench-diggers - whom the British export from colonial India."

Was it seriously not an option to actually write the section for the new book the way the other Arcanoi were written for the new book?

Comment

Wraith was always one of the hardest games for to me to visualize. Let me check if, with W20, I finally understand how it works.

You have the Skinlands which is the wold of the living. Separated from it by the Shroud are the Shadowlands. These lands blanket the Skinlands, you can see the living going about their business but, to a Wraith, they seem decayed and rotting. Superimposed on the architecture of the living are the ghosts of old buildings who carried a resonance. This is where he Necropolis reside.

Beneath this, is the Tempest. The Tempest is an all covering raging sea and in Islands in the midst of it are the different Dark Kingdoms,the Ferryman's fortress, the Far Shores and the Labyrinth. The only way to traverse through the Tempest is by ship. Stygia itself has the monuments of great civilizations like the Library of Alexandria because there were brought there from the Shadowlands.

Is this about right?
                      Where exactly do the roads that Nudri built figure?
                      It is said that Charon and the ferrymen built their boats from the materials at the shore of the Great River but which River was this?
                      And what is the difference between the Tempest and the Sunless Sea?
                      Last edited by HardestadtTheEvenYounger; 08-10-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Wraithly geography never maps well onto N dimensions.

My interpretation: The Tempest is an ocean upon which the Shadowlands float. However, in places where there is nothing in the Skinlands that is important to Wraithdom, the Tempest bulges up into the Shadow-lands. Byways are safe roads in the Tempest, connecting the Shadowlands to the Tempest, and islands proper (without Skinlands analogues, like Stygia and the Far Shores) with each other.

Nhudri's roads were Wraith-made, permanent Byways, connecting Shadowlands to Stygia.

The Great River is the Great River of Death, or the Styx. It is not a river in the Skinlands. Stygia is the gateway to the parts of the Tempest that have no Skinlands analogue. This is very greek myth inspired.

The Sunless Sea is the relatively calm part of the Tempest that lies between Styigia, the city, and the Far Shores.

Comment

And now, my gripes.

Having skimmed the PDF, I have a few issues.

- Like every 20th Anniversary product, it contains no pre-made characters or introductory adventure. I know this is by design, and that Wraith leads itself badly to one-shots, but still, it would have been appreciated. Is something like that in the works? KS backers, do you know?

- Arcanoi are listed in alphabetical order, but the sub-sections are named after their Guilds, and the Guild text comes first, such that the actual Arcanos can start 80% down a certain page. I dislike this format. Better to have the Arcanoi names as headings, and add the guild stuff after the mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbert_West View Post
                            Wraithly geography never maps well onto N dimensions.

My interpretation: The Tempest is an ocean upon which the Shadowlands float. However, in places where there is nothing in the Skinlands that is important to Wraithdom, the Tempest bulges up into the Shadow-lands. Byways are safe roads in the Tempest, connecting the Shadowlands to the Tempest, and islands proper (without Skinlands analogues, like Stygia and the Far Shores) with each other.

Nhudri's roads were Wraith-made, permanent Byways, connecting Shadowlands to Stygia.

The Great River is the Great River of Death, or the Styx. It is not a river in the Skinlands. Stygia is the gateway to the parts of the Tempest that have no Skinlands analogue. This is very greek myth inspired.

The Sunless Sea is the relatively calm part of the Tempest that lies between Styigia, the city, and the Far Shores.
                            Thank you for the reply. So, Nhudri's roads are actual roads where you can walk or ride or simply calmer places in the Tempest that you still require a ship to traverse?

Comment

Originally posted by Herbert_West View Post
                              - Like every 20th Anniversary product, it contains no pre-made characters or introductory adventure. I know this is by design, and that Wraith leads itself badly to one-shots, but still, it would have been appreciated. Is something like that in the works? KS backers, do you know?
                              As far as I'm aware, no plans have been stated on making a jumpstart or Ready-Made-Characters.
                              Last edited by tasti man LH; 08-11-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X