Nu-White Wolf considering a new edition of Wraith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nu-White Wolf considering a new edition of Wraith

So from the official nuWW Facebook, apparently they are considering a new edition of Wraith after Wr20...

Oh boy, I can't wait to hear their explanation of how the Underworld/Dark Kingdoms come back from being magick-nuked.

Those are great news, but I'm still holding my breath on seeing what they are going to do for Mage without Phil Brucato (who, as far as I know, is not working with White Wolf). Additionally, will this open the doors for a new edition of Changeling: the Dreaming?

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
      So from the official nuWW Facebook, apparently they are considering a new edition of Wraith after Wr20...

Oh boy, I can't wait to hear their explanation of how the Underworld/Dark Kingdoms come back from being magick-nuked.

IF we assume every 2 years between lines... so 2020 werewolf, 2022 Mage, so... 2024?

Comment

Please, no.

Comment

I'm quite annoyed with ww for taking this approach to cashing in on onyx paths work to keep WoD going .I certainly won't be buying any of their products

Comment

I am really looking forward to a new edition of Wraith
            To me that post is some fantastic news ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Dogstar View Post
              I'm quite annoyed with ww for taking this approach to cashing in on onyx paths work to keep WoD going.
              ...wouldn't they have already received money to begin with?

--------------------------------------------------
              So yeah...they probably are going to do some retconning with the spirit-nuke. Since in WoD5e didn't retcon the Week of Nightmares, however, it probably won't be completely removing that it happened. At best, just that it didn't do as much damage to result in completely destroying the Underworld.

Now the funny thing being that the sweeping changes made to the setting in V5...some of them would make more sense

Dramatically changing the wraith factions. While I've only just started with Wraith as of Wr20, I'm left with the impression that no one is as...attached to the Hierarchy, Renegades, and Heretics the same way people are to the Camarilla, Anarchs, and Sabbat. So the idea of, say, the Hierarchy being in complete shambles but Renegades and Heretics having even more power is more palatable.

Cities/necropoli being more cut off and isolated. From my read through in Wr20 corebook, I'm left with the impression that the necropoli generally keep to themselves and didn't talk a lot to other nearby necropoli. That they generally kept to themselves doing their own thing. So an individual necropolis being on their own makes more sense.

And in the end, fresh wraiths have to go SOMEWHERE.

Comment

REALLY curious to see how they modify the different lines with the 5th edition model to the rules. In particular, I'm curious to see how they handle the Shadow.

"The only consistent wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates

Comment

Hunger Dice are basically a modified form of Shadow Dice but without the benefit. I hope they keep Shadow Dice as is.

A setting either post- or during the Sixth Great Maelstrom might be very interesting. I always thought The Great War was produced to give us a clue to how death might be during or after the 6GM.
                  Last edited by adambeyoncelowe; 09-06-2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
                    Hunger Dice are basically a modified form of Shadow Dice but without the benefit. I hope they keep Shadow Dice as is.

A setting either post- or during the Sixth Great Maelstrom might be very interesting. I always thought The Great War was produced to give us a clue to how death might be during or after the 6GM.
                    Honestly, I'd like a newer take on how to handle the Shadow that is more mechanically based. Not to say I want to take away from the RP of the Shadow, and I like the Shadow as it is, but I've had too many players that feel intimidated by the idea of needing a Shadow Guide that it would help with getting more players if I didn't have to worry about that. Wr20 gave a suggestion for it but I think even that is more of a bandaid than a solution.

"The only consistent wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Imthestein View Post
                      Honestly, I'd like a newer take on how to handle the Shadow that is more mechanically based. Not to say I want to take away from the RP of the Shadow, and I like the Shadow as it is, but I've had too many players that feel intimidated by the idea of needing a Shadow Guide that it would help with getting more players if I didn't have to worry about that. Wr20 gave a suggestion for it but I think even that is more of a bandaid than a solution.
                      The Shadowguide is sort of integral to the game, though. It's easy enough to hand those duties over to the Storyteller if players don't want to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                        Cities/necropoli being more cut off and isolated. From my read through in Wr20 corebook, I'm left with the impression that the necropoli generally keep to themselves and didn't talk a lot to other nearby necropoli. That they generally kept to themselves doing their own thing. So an individual necropolis being on their own makes more sense.
                        I don't think it's a leak (since a dev has already sketched the book's outline) to say that Book of Oblivion will include some interesting and varied Necropoli.

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
                        Hmm.

- C.

Clayton A. Oliver | Formerly Ubiquitous

When the half-light starts to rise/And the long gone come back again
                        After the shortcuts and the highs/Comes the pain
                        And the rain

Comment

Working...
                        X