No announcement yet.

Nu-White Wolf considering a new edition of Wraith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think LARPs are a good way to gauge engagement in general.

Comment

Is White Wolf pulling away from Onyx? Onyx just released Wraith 20th and suddenly White Wolf wants to do a new one already? What's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by OvercastGhost View Post
        Is White Wolf pulling away from Onyx? Onyx just released Wraith 20th and suddenly White Wolf wants to do a new one already? What's up with that?
        Considering that OPP's Kickstarter for Chicago by Night V5 is a week away, I doubt it.

I caught a tidbit online how nuWW plans to bring in new editions for EVERY WoD gameline. It's just that the timeline of when those new editions will come out is a bit unclear.

Comment

They've said that they want to do a 5e-equivalent version of all the WoD lines. But none of that is 'near future'. Last they said they're finishing up the current Vampire books and working on Werewolf and Sabbat for down the line. Chill, it's not like they're going to be doing anything like, next year with it.

Comment

Well, considering the actual 20th Anniversary of Wraith: The Oblivion's original release would have been 2014, we may have an answer to that! The 20th Anniversary book was late, and only just made it into the typical cycle of new editions.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it. I still have all my 20th Anniversary books, but I am still enjoying the direction of V5. Wraith will get an update in due course - maybe in about 3 years at a guess. There is also the complication that, outside of the 'big three' (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage), White Wolf may wish to do other games too. I could, for example, see a good argument for them taking cues from Chronicles of Darkness to make their own versions of Hunter (the Second Inquisition?) or Promethean, before they get round to Wraith. So, potentially, the new Wraith edition could be even further out, and they may even want to change it in some way from the format we have now.

That gives plenty of fresh playtime to use the Wr20 book well, and then you could hold on to it as a collector, or sell it if you prefer, or just ignore Wr5 when it comes about. Personally, I think Wr20 is wonderful and will be something I will hold on to - but I am willing to see what comes next.

Comment

Working...
            X