X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imthestein
    started a topic Wraiths animating a corpse

Wraiths animating a corpse

I'm getting ready to run a Wraith game soon for my wife and a friend and I was trying to figure out how to have this one NPC animate a corpse by inhabiting it. I was surprised to find that in Wr20 Puppetry only works on the living and Inhabit seems to indicate it must be machinery (though I may be misreading this). Is there some way a wraith could inhabit a skeleton and have it sit up to taunt a human? I'd rather this not just be a use of Outrage or Phantasm if I can help it.

• AkatsukiLeader13
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
    Wraiths animate a corpse by making it watch Gigli, or possibly the Last Air Bender movie, and sooner or later the corpse gets up and walks out in disgust.
    Yeah but you have to be careful as the Hierarchy and the Spectres have decreed that a crime against Humanity, punishable by strapping you down and making you watch those films.

Leave a comment:

• Imthestein
    replied
    Originally posted by Dogstar View Post
    I find some of the time restrictions on the Wraith a abilities to be overly restrictive myself. Especially if you compare them to Mage. If it suits the story t hen don't make a big deal out of sticking to the precise details
    Yeah, that's pretty much my take as well

Leave a comment:

• Dogstar
    replied
    I find some of the time restrictions on the Wraith a abilities to be overly restrictive myself. Especially if you compare them to Mage. If it suits the story t hen don't make a big deal out of sticking to the precise details

Leave a comment:

• Imthestein
    replied
    I think I'm going to ignore the number of hours since they were deceased part given it's a temporary use anyway I don't see why it should matter how long it has been dead.

Leave a comment:

• Imthestein
    replied
    Originally posted by Lian View Post
    Revivify initiate art level 4 puppetry. It does what it says on the tin. Well I think there's time limit for how recent the body by stamina hours but... meh
    I am completely blind and missed that. Thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    Wraiths animate a corpse by making it watch Gigli, or possibly the Last Air Bender movie, and sooner or later the corpse gets up and walks out in disgust.
    Last edited by Grumpy RPG Reviews; 12-08-2018, 01:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lian
    replied
    Revivify initiate art level 4 puppetry. It does what it says on the tin. Well I think there's time limit for how recent the body by stamina hours but... meh

Leave a comment:

• Imthestein
    replied
    It occurred to me that Puppetry is used to reinhabit your corpse to become a Risen but I get the sense that's a very unique circumstance and not necessarily the rule.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X