No announcement yet.

Bush of Ghosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be great to have more details on Egyptian deadlands, as some of what i have read, say that the Mummies closed off their section of the Shadowlands. i know that an Anubis God-like Spirit came to the Ferrymen and gave them the Ritual of Severance, (Old Egyptian Risen are they the for runners to the Mummies??) i know that the new Mummy the Resurrection, covers some details but it is all post 6th Great Maelstrom.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadMan View Post
      it would be great to have more details on Egyptian deadlands, as some of what i have read, say that the Mummies closed off their section of the Shadowlands. i know that an Anubis God-like Spirit came to the Ferrymen and gave them the Ritual of Severance, (Old Egyptian Risen are they the for runners to the Mummies??) i know that the new Mummy the Resurrection, covers some details but it is all post 6th Great Maelstrom.
      sorry for the Necro, but I’m bored and reading Wraith stuff.

In Wraith terms, Amenti is a Far Shore, and Anubis is a Bright One. At one point Amenti reigned as the Dark Kingdom of Sand, controlling the Egyptian Shadowland the way Stygia controls the European shadowlands, but that era ended at the latest with the end of Egyptian polytheism and mummification of the dead - if not earlier with Stygia seizing it via Alexander or via Rome. Even before the Sixth Great Maelstrom, Amenti exists solely as a realm that the Undying descend to when their bodies are “dead”, and not reaping new Wraiths or controlling shadowland territory like the true Dark Kingdoms.

i believe the area “closed off” you are recalling is Amenti, and not the Shadowland of Egypt itself, which along with the rest of northern-most Africa, the Levant, and Anatolia, fall under Stygia’s historic Roman governing claim.
      Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-06-2020, 01:27 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Onkwe View Post

We completely redid the American supernatural world to reflect at least the legacy of Indigenous institutions, particularly in Wraith. It helps that a lot of my group is Native. lol
        Your group should consider publishing your changes on Storytller Vault. I’d love an actually native-written revision to focus on those themes.
        Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-07-2020, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

The sixth also multiple causes. It wasn't just nuking Oblivion but nuking India.
          I am a fan of the idea of the fall/sacking of Rome wrongly being assigned as the cause of the 1st Maelstorm, because the Kingdom of iron did not know the actual cause.
          Yeah, there’s no way another in a long series of sackings of Rome measures up to the Black Death, Europeans/Smallpox ravaging the Americas, the First World War + Influenza, or the Second World War + Holocaust + first nuclear destruction of a city, as a cause for a Great Maelstrom. Something is off with the first.
          Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-07-2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Is it perhaps the final fall of the larger Roman Empire, which had provided order and social framework to a large segment of the world's population for centuries? Not a case of the event in itself causing the maelstrom so much as being the last straw that triggered it after it had been building for ages?

As for the 6th Maelstrom's cause, I thought it might be less the nukes themselves and more a combo of the number of people the Week of Nightmares killed plus big gateways to the Yin, Yang, and Yomi worlds being opened in close proximity and bleeding together before the nukes disrupted them.

Comment

I've wondered if maybe the First Maelstrom was not a world wide thing, but one limited to Europe.

Comment

Working...
              X