X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeadMan
    started a topic Book of Oblivion

Book of Oblivion

So is there any clue as to when this book will be coming out. I have seen the links here that show the two articles that describe it but those are kind of old now, and it would be nice to see an update or even a release date.

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Book's live now.

Leave a comment:

• TIKank
    replied
    Great news! I'm really looking forward to it! Now, just to wait for the Screen to become available.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Oh hey, Book of Oblivion's going to finally be available for everyone this Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
    Just to be sure we weren't barking up the wrong tree with the use of "the Hood" to describe the modern name for "the Shade" in the Dark Kingdom of Ivory, I've been doing some additional research and have spoken to the writer of that chapter. We've discussed, and while "the Hood" is common parlance in South Africa and a few other West African nations, we've added "Komboni" as an alternative name, which is the old and present name for the slums of Zambia.
    Just to give general feedback: I think the issue here was context.

That no proper context was given for why the term was there in the Backer PDF to bring any readers not familiar with West African culture up to speed.

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Just to be sure we weren't barking up the wrong tree with the use of "the Hood" to describe the modern name for "the Shade" in the Dark Kingdom of Ivory, I've been doing some additional research and have spoken to the writer of that chapter. We've discussed, and while "the Hood" is common parlance in South Africa and a few other West African nations, we've added "Komboni" as an alternative name, which is the old and present name for the slums of Zambia.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Ah, thank you. I figured gold was theirs so I guess they get two?
    Yeah, they got both.

I presume there is a note somewhere about its impact on Werewolf crossovers?
    There is not, no.

Although the way how it's described, my impression has always been that, despite the name, they aren't actually the materials from the Skinlands side. So if you managed to bring a True Silver weapon across the Shroud and into the Skinlands, I don't think it's supposed to work like regular silver on a werewolf.

In general there isn't a whole lot of crossover bits, nor are they REALLY a major focus. There's some token stuff, like hinting at Mirrorlands wraiths' interactions with the Samedi bloodline, the tense relationship between Flint wraiths and Uktena werewolves, stuff like that.

The only real substantial bit of crossover (ergo involving mechanics and setting) is the Arcane Storm. Basically, it's a Tempest non-Maelstrom storm that's caused whenever a mage dies and becomes a wraith, the act of their Avatar leaving their body creates a storm.

...and naturally changelings get nothing.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Ah, thank you. I figured gold was theirs so I guess they get two? I presume there is a note somewhere about its impact on Werewolf crossovers?

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Which area uses True Silver?
    Lands of Gold/South American Underworld.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Which area uses True Silver?

Leave a comment:

• Aeoris
    replied
    Gaunts are ancient and powerful Wraiths that retain at least one Fetter. Think of them as elders or ancients in Vampire.

True Obsidian, Jade, Gold, Turquoise, etc. are the localized equivalent of Stygian steel. An example would be the True Jade swords and other weapons of the Dark Kingdom of Jade. They are just as potent as Stygian Steel, just born of a substance more common to the region.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by Damian May View Post

No biggie. If its anything like the previous errata collection threads we've had the vast majority of reported issues won't be changed anyway.
    Well we are using completely different methods of collecting errata...

Leave a comment:

• Damian May
    replied
    Originally posted by muon View Post
    The errata form has been closed. (I missed the chance to tell them the word "gaunt" still hasn't been defined, as are True Obsidian, True Silver, True Gold, and True Turquoise.)

No biggie. If its anything like the previous errata collection threads we've had the vast majority of reported issues won't be changed anyway.

Leave a comment:

• muon
    replied
    The errata form has been closed. (I missed the chance to tell them the word "gaunt" still hasn't been defined, as are True Obsidian, True Silver, True Gold, and True Turquoise.)
    Last edited by muon; 06-11-2019, 05:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    Using one or the other might not be too jarring, but using both together seems to magnify the peculiarity of their usage.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X