Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Talvas View Post
    What does a maelstrom look like?
    I have it on good authority that Book of Oblivion will have multiple significant answers to this question.

- C.

Clayton A. Oliver | Formerly Ubiquitous

When the half-light starts to rise/And the long gone come back again
    After the shortcuts and the highs/Comes the pain
    And the rain

Comment

Originally posted by Tegyrius View Post

I have it on good authority that Book of Oblivion will have multiple significant answers to this question.

- C.
      I hope flying ghost-squid are involved.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

For certain values of Architeuthis congruent with Spectres, perhaps?

- C.

Clayton A. Oliver | Formerly Ubiquitous

When the half-light starts to rise/And the long gone come back again
        After the shortcuts and the highs/Comes the pain
        And the rain

Comment

Originally posted by Tegyrius View Post

For certain values of Architeuthis congruent with Spectres, perhaps?

- C.
          Giant squid-like hekatonkhire would be awesome.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Giant squid-like hekatonkhire would be awesome.

Well, theres this guy.

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Kraken

Comment

Spectres do know moliate, although I get the impression few want to get close enough to a Shade to turn them into a squid.

Actually it's funny. My initial introduction to the spectral hierarchy was in Doomslayers (I think), so Shades came across as particularly violent and brutal Spectres. The idea that they were a special kind of Spectre whose Psyches were torn away by the Tempest was jarring when I first ran across it.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Are the hierarchy everywhere?
                No. It dominates most of the major cities across the Western World - Europe, and North and South America - but not elsewhere. And its power and influece is usually concentrated in the shadowlands near major cities.

What does a maelstrom look like?
                Eat a handful of mushrooms and walk into a Class 3 or stronger hurricane.

Can you see the tempest below everything or is there a floor?
                Not normally, if you can see it below you, then you are about to fall into it.

Do wraiths walk or float?
                Unless they are using a special power, they walk.

What do they look like to someone crossed over are they still ghosts? Does he look like a ghost to them?
                They should still look like ghosts.

If a ghost wants to use Arcanoi across the shroud how does that work?
                It varies depending on the Arcanoi. How it looks will be described, or at least implied, in the text of the Arcanoi description.

And anything else that would be an immediate observation would be nice, I really dont wanna have my ST run me through it one on one, as there are quite a few players.
                Edit: Has anyone ever seen Dis Pater mentioned anywhere? Or a wraith who aids Necromancers?
                Dis Pater, if he is in the Hierarchy, might be an asset to the Giovanni. For a price.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

Even better if you're standing next to a waste dump full of jagged rusty metal, toxic chemicals and slaughterhouse leavings when you do it.

Comment

It's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing. And in this case, the wind is blowing showers of bone, pottery shards, eyes, and anything else you might see in a half-remembered nightmare.

And spectres... don't forget the spectres.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                      Unfortunately, shroomies just make me giggle. Alot. No mind altering effects to speak of.

But I'm starting to get the gist... hopefully it dies down soon in my chronicle or I wasted quite a few dots on Necromancy...

Comment

Unfortunately, shroomies just make me giggle. Alot. No mind altering effects to speak of.

But I'm starting to get the gist... hopefully it dies down soon in my chronicle or I wasted quite a few dots on Necromancy...

It's been a while since I read either the Great War or the fan-made 6GM materials, but as I recall Great Maelstroms don't unleash their full fury on every Necropolis at all times. Aside from everything else, that doesn't make for good gameplay or mood setting. Instead there are furious times when the winds scour the soulsteel and Shades hammer a the gates and windows, lulls where everyone scrambles to clear the effluvium and rebuild the defenses, and ominous, tense moments where everything could break loose at any time.

There should be times your character can navigate the shadowlands, even during the 6GM, they just have to be careful about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X