• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhillyCuriosity
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackwater View Post
    Hey all,
    - How do Wraiths tend to respond to magi in their presence? The deathwalker merit does help largely protect me from notice, at least so far, but I need to be more equipped to properly roleplay the scenario. I've read over Charon's dicaerum and it seems pretty straightforward. Do wraiths make exceptions for magi, specifically dreamspeakers (like other umbral spirits tend to do?) or is just a simple, all-encompassing loathe of the living? Being a traditional M20 player and Dreamspeaker at that, I have become quite bias and accustomed to a certain level of respect when it comes to spirits. This is my first time entertaining the idea of the Shadowlands, wraiths and other spiritual denizens. I know that each wraith is different- but in general terms and geographical terms; for instance I think Stygia is much less tolerant of the Quick being in their lands than maybe the Renegades or Flint; but I'd like real input from real Wraith players instead of my magi-headcanon.
    The Hierarchy is not keep to have the living being around, but enemies of the Hierarchy and wraiths themselves are probably glad to see the living.
    There's not a huge amount of canon material about this and what there is can be contradictory, for instance, the Agama Sojourn rote is what Euthanatoi use to go to the Shadowlands during their initiation, in some places, it's indicated that this is to keep them alive and hovering near death but the wording is something like "conceal the spark of life" which suggests to me that a mage can use life or mind to keep a low profile. Otherwise, the living in the land of the dead tend to be magnets for wraiths and specters as mages are an exceptional source of pathos, the fuel that Wraiths use.

Harrowings - A mage that fails a harrowing loses a point of arete.

From W20 Umbra the Velvet Shadow (figure this would likely apply to mages as well) - Ghosts living in the Dark Umbra do not accept trespassers into their domains. Even the smallest and most pathetic looking ghosts attack those who linger too long within the realm, attracted to their shining life force. Some ghosts actively seek out travelers to give them quests or tasks to complete in the material world. They grant their charges with special tokens of favor, showing other ghosts that they are spoken for. Some ghosts respect the tokens and leave the travelers alone, while others see those who hold them as dangerous interlopers who must be destroyed. Some more insidious ghosts view the token as a sign of gullibility and attempt to trick the holder into performing their own tasks.

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    A'ight, first order of business.

Over with Mage: the Podcast, they had a whole episode devoted to Mage/Wraith crossover. Can't recall all the details off the top of my head, but it is a place to start.
    Wooooooo, podcast shout out!

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    A'ight, first order of business.

Over with Mage: the Podcast, they had a whole episode devoted to Mage/Wraith crossover. Can't recall all the details off the top of my head, but it is a place to start.

I'll need to come back later to other questions as I'm about to head out. One I can answer...

Originally posted by Blackwater View Post
    - Where can I find more information as to the Land of Flint and the Fifth Sun specifically?
    The Wr20 corebook goes into more detail on the Fifth Sun/Dark Kingdom of Obsidian (although I don't know if it's just rehashing what was written about in previous editions or not). There's the other Wr20 supplement Book of Oblivion goes into more detail about the Islands of Flint and the Fifth Sun...although that book is currently still only available to backers of the Wr20 KS.

I still haven't read the Fifth Sun chapter, but I have read the Islands of Flint chapter. The main population of Native American wraiths are organized as the Five Nations: the Haudenosaunee Nation (Iroquois), the Anishinaabe/People of Peace (Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi), Abenaki/Council of Tribes (Wabanaki Confederacy), the Cherokee Nation, and the Inuktitut (Inuit). The chapter also makes mention of minor nations like the Mississippi based tribes, Southwest, West, and Pacific Northwest. The latter of which is mentioned to have successfully negotiated for peace with the Hierarchy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X