Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking the plunge on Wraith 20th. Have a few questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the plunge on Wraith 20th. Have a few questions.

So after a lot of thought, my group is finally upgrading. We were happy with 2e, but the love and passion that went into the 20th finally got me to upgrade. Made me want to support the project. Book gets here Monday (YAY!) but I have a few questions:

1. Does the 20th invalidate any of the old splat books? For example, is Doomslayer's still relevant?
    2. Does it say anything about Demon: The Fallen? (Seeing as the setting, outside of Earth Bound, does not even start until after the underworld goes BOOM)
    3. I've seen a Kickstarter screen for sale, but will it ever be available on Drivethru?

Thanks! My group is so looking forward to playing 20th!

2) Nothing on Demon.
    3) Should be, eventually. Everything funded by an Onyx Path KS that can be available on Drivethru makes its way there in time.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

From my read through theres nothing invalidated by it except portions of Ends of Empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post
        From my read through theres nothing invalidated by it except portions of Ends of Empire.
        Also a few of the Guildbooks: Sandmen, Masquers, and Pardoners & Puppeteers.

Edit: Spectres replace Being with Willpower.
        Last edited by marin; 06-28-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

Also a few of the Guildbooks: Sandmen, Masquers, and Pardoners & Puppeteers.

Edit: Spectres replace Being with Willpower.

When we are talking about guilds, are we talking about a change in lore or abilities? If the lore is the same then the books are still good sources of backstory.

Comment

Originally posted by TIKank View Post
            When we are talking about guilds, are we talking about a change in lore or abilities? If the lore is the same then the books are still good sources of backstory.
            The lore, basically (and in the Sandmen's case a change in abilities, as they've lost the ability to draw sleepers into the Underworld).

Puppeteers: Guildbook's still useful, but they now have factions.
            Mnemoi: Guildbook (in Ends of Empire) is still useful, but again they've gained factions.
            Masquers: Guildbook's still mostly useful, but they have different factions.
            Sandmen: Reconfiguring of the Guild's structure, from a single Dream Union to multiple schools, and an emphasis on the theatrical side of their history. Guildbook could be useful as inspiration.
            Pardoners: Origins and factions overhauled. Guildbook could be useful as inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by TIKank View Post
              And, to add to marin's post:

Artificers: If you read it as is, seems to suggest that the Cult of Nhudri comprises most of the Guild...but Wr20 clears/changes this up by having it firmly established that the Cult is a Heretic group and doesn't comprise the entire Guild. Otherwise, same as above, has some neat inspirations.

Comment

Working...
              X