X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipergigio
    started a topic Question about Forbidden Arcanoi

Question about Forbidden Arcanoi

A new character can start the game with forbidden arcanoi?

And what implies to be a forbidden arcanos user? You're hunted down at sight? You're ostracized? Or there's some degree of tolerance?

• marin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
    If my character is an Intimation user, but not a Solicitor, he's still on the wanted list?
    The criterion is Guild membership, and knowing the common arts of an Arcanos doesn't mean you're a Guild member. However, as the Intimation writeup notes, known users - regardless of whether they're Guild members or not - don't have many friends, thanks to its potential for abuse.

(I'd personally say such a character wouldn't be on the wanted list, but they'd certainly be on at least one watchlist.)

Leave a comment:

• Ipergigio
    replied
    If my character is an Intimation user, but not a Solicitor, he's still on the wanted list?

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Even then, it depends largely on where your game is set.

If the chronicle is set entirely in Stygia? Oh yeah, be prepared for your character to constantly be on the run from the Legions and making regular visits to the local Masquer to cover up the offending Guildmarks.

But if it's a necropolis it might be a bit more different. Due to being farther away and under less direct scrutiny from the Hierarchy in Stygia, things could be a lot looser. For instance, in Book of Oblivion, the Seattle Necropolis' Alchemists are not only accepted by the Hierarchy but work hand-in-hand with them because of some of the unique stuff happening in that part of the Shadowlands.

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    The Forbidden Arcanoi have never been off-limits to starting PCs.

Wr20 is the first, I think, to codify where the violation of law is with those Arcanoi, and what the punishment is: if you're known to be a member of the Alchemists, Solicitors or Mnemoi, it's automatic grounds for soulforging (p. 91).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X