X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orpheus 5th

Speculation thread.

Clues:
    1. OPP says they are working on a secret project and it is not W5.
    2. White wolf had put in an application for a trademark for the word Orpheus, This was not a renewal but a new application that covers Video games, mobile games, electronic books, RPGs, and a TV series.

Question:
    Is the secret project possibly Orpheus for 5th edition of the WoD and OPP is working on it?

I think this would be great if it is true. With the second inquisition folding in the orpheus group and wraiths being a large part of the World of Darkness having a game based on them would add to the overall WoD in a large way. It could give us more info on SPCs to have we could possibly play wraiths or even Orpheus group members. All in all this could be an exciting game line.

And there is this: https://www.earplay.com/stories/the-orpheus-device/

Release date is Coming Soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulfe View Post
      And there is this: https://www.earplay.com/stories/the-orpheus-device/

Release date is Coming Soon.
      ...and that was released several years ago, back in 2016. :P

Yeah I haven't seen any updates on this particular piece since it was released. Nor do I know if there are going to be any plans since the whole thing feels a bit dead (heh).

Comment

Sorry it had a upload date on the google search of July 2019 so I thought it was new. My bad.

Comment

Gotta say, although Wth 5th edition would be great, I would also like a new Orpheus game, it is so much more streamlined yet thematic and involving.

Comment

I love Wraith deeply but I never really understood the attraction of Orpheus, I tried it a couple of times but I always felt like I'd rather be playing Wraith.

Comment

Orpheus is strange, really strange.. They really should've made it an actual sequel instead of what it was..

Comment

In terms of story and theme Orpheus is great. It's not and with the exception of some backstory it's not even trying to be.

Orpheus is a game I've always wanted to run, though not necessarily in the system it was packaged with.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Redwulfe it sounds like you’ve actually read the trademark application. I thought that stuff was supposed to be like top secret.

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

Never mind. I talked to my friend and he said trademark applications are publicly available. My bad.

I'm only vaguely familiar with Orpheus. What is it?

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

I can't really explain Orpheus. Basically its very and I mean very loosely based on Wraith.. Where your basically Ghostbusters.. But instead of the usual gadgetry, your a human with the ability to turn into a ghost. Sort of like a proto-Geist.

Comment

Thanks . That sounds really awesome. I saw on the home page they're doing a book called Ghost Hunters that might include rules for a new version of Orpheus.

This is neither here nor there, but you should check out the play Orpheus Descending. The characters of Val and Lady are really well done and I loved Val's hummingbird speech.

Comment

Working...
                        X