No announcement yet.

How would you handle 6+ Ghostly Traits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you could tie it into willpower&passions considering how important those are to wraith's themes?

For example: have passions capped by the wraiths willpower and allow the wraith to buy an attribute, ability, or arcanoi higher than 5 by tying it to a higher than 5 passion. If Johny Drake had the Passion: Obsession(feeling powerful) 6, they could tie that with their strength and pay the XP to buy strength 6.

I'd also have the wraith give up getting pathos from that passion if they choose to tie it to a stat, all that emotional power is going to the super-human stat after all.

Comment

Those are interesting ideas I've never seen suggested before! Hmm maybe each Dot of Willpower past 6 can tie an attribute to being limited by your willpower. And an ability that can be justified by Passion and can be raised past five by each level of Passion. Hmm worth tossing around in my noggin.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Btw how can Wriath have 6+ traits? There is an ancient wraith in Tokyo book, he has several 6 traits

Comment

Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
          Btw how can Wriath have 6+ traits? There is an ancient wraith in Tokyo book, he has several 6 traits
          This is what I am talking about. Their are wraiths that have traits like that but we have no rules or guidelines even. I think you are talking about the 48th ronin? He was my favorite Wraith character. :P

Comment

Yes, and one Asian book (not Kingdom of Dark Jade) has a female ghost npc having Appearance 9, but that does have explanation (her face was sculpted for hundreds of years!)

The Last Empire has a Lord having many advanced traits, too

I used to think WTO has rules about advanced traits, but now I know, no

Comment

Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
              Yes, and one Asian book (not Kingdom of Dark Jade) has a female ghost npc having Appearance 9, but that does have explanation (her face was sculpted for hundreds of years!)

The Last Empire has a Lord having many advanced traits, too

I used to think WTO has rules about advanced traits, but now I know, no
              There was also a statted out death lord in one of the books that had arcanoi above 5. Without any 6+ powers shown for arconoi anywhere, that NPC is impossible to run without hand-waving. The only thing we know about 6+ arcanoi is that they'd give a larger dice pool for the arcanoi rolls(which could work. The death lords in Ends of Empire got their powers from artifacts and tempered arcanoi, not 6+ power weirdness).

It'd certainly make Wraith unique if it turned out 6+ powers weren't actually a thing. It'd mean that the only things separating the death-lords or malfeans from normal wraiths being larger dice-pools and more time to perfect their tempered arcanoi.

Comment

I think keeping a 5-dot cap is in-theme for Wraiths. Other supernaturals that can exceed human limits and develop powers with vast scope are rare instances of beings transformed by supernatural forces. Wraiths are a natural development of the human consciousness/soul, and in theory anyone can become one if they have a reason to hang on to the life they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                  I think keeping a 5-dot cap is in-theme for Wraiths. Other supernaturals that can exceed human limits and develop powers with vast scope are rare instances of beings transformed by supernatural forces. Wraiths are a natural development of the human consciousness/soul, and in theory anyone can become one if they have a reason to hang on to the life they lost.
                  Mages are just as natural, some would argue more so, then wraiths. And Wraiths are undoubtedly supernatural. And we have evolving wraiths like Hekatonhires who are transforming beyond a singular mortal soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                    That kinda is a moot point. There are already wraiths that exceed the 5-dot cap, there just aren't any rules on how they achieved that.

Besides, I wouldn't call wraiths "natural" either. They're souls who were so unusually strong willed and so unusually obsessed with something that they flipped death the bird and stayed connected to the world. A "natural" soul would have passed on already.

Comment

Error on post
                      Last edited by DeadMan; 09-09-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

As a wraith loses his fetters and his access to the shadow lands, (none resolved) his existince is now tempest bound, I have found this de-humanising, and freeing as some learn that they can now push past human limits, tis part of the reason the tempest is so dangerous

Comment

Working...
                        X