No announcement yet.

Famous Wraiths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a long-ago campaign, I had the most powerful Legion in Necropolis Los Angeles as the Legion of Paupers, and their Anacreon was Ambrose Bierce...who still had close ties to the Wraith of Pancho Villa. Other celebrities who became Restless include William Mulholland (the man whose genius and perfidy stole the water to make LA’s existence possible), Jacques de Molay (the last grandmaster of the Knights Templar, who was one PC’s Ferryman mentor, and the Spectre of the Black Dahlia—who EVERYONE was terrified of.

Comment

I like the use of Ambrose Bierce and the Black Dahlia. Jacques de Molay certainly has potential as a character. Good for you.

Comment

For my Mage game I just made an NPC write-up of F. W. Murnau's wraith: https://www.reddit.com/r/WhiteWolfRP...u_npc_writeup/
        Last edited by Malkavian87; 02-25-2021, 05:01 AM.

Comment

At some point, I'd like to try doing something set in Memphis, and include Elvis.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Are you sure he hasn't ascended to godhood by now? A substantial number of people worship him, make pilgrimages to Graceland, and hold candlelight vigils in his honor every year.

Comment

That'll turn High Umbra Elvis into a godlike spirit. Low Umbra Elvis will just have maxed Legacy and Memoriam.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkavian87 View Post
                That'll turn High Umbra Elvis into a godlike spirit. Low Umbra Elvis will just have maxed Legacy and Memoriam.
                Yeah. I sort of have this image of Graceland being this massive Hierarchy citadel for the city, along with Elmwood Cemetery (which is apparently one of the oldest in the American South), the National Civil Rights Museum, and Beale Street.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

People who live (and die) in Memphis probably aren't reverent about Graceland as a rule. It's really for the tourists.

There are a lot of prominent abandoned buildings in Memphis, including the tallest building in the city, 100 North Main, and the whole French Fort neighborhood atop the bluff that would likely make a prime citadel in the Shadowlands. Memorial Park Cemetery is probably the big funereal location of note. Plus, Earnestine & Hazel's is notoriously haunted.
                  Last edited by Matt the Bruins fan; 03-01-2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                    At some point, I'd like to try doing something set in Memphis, and include Elvis.
                    The ridiculous amount of Memoriam generated by Graceland alone would definitely make the King a player in the Shadowlands.

Comment

Working...
                    X